cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wish to install new router due to Plusnet page appearance but have difficulty

robertjohn
Grafter

Wish to install new router due to Plusnet page appearance but have difficulty

I have reported before that Plusnet's home page appears of its own will from time to time when I am browsing the internet on my desktop and my wife on her iPad mini.  No one has been able to provide an answer.  This has been aggravated recently when the same occurs now on our television's internet browser.  I have been lent a NETGEAR N600 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit ADSL2+ Modem Router DGND3700v2 to try in place of my Technicolor TG582n FTTC router to see whether that makes a difference.
The PPPoE DSL Internet connection is detected but I am unable to complete the process because having entered the required ISP user name and password, I am informed one or other is incorrect.  I enter precisely the same details as when logging into my Plusnet account.  Can anyone throw any light on this matter, please?
6 REPLIES 6
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Wish to install new router due to Plusnet page appearance but have difficulty

assuming that you have connected through the WAN port - the one next to the power adapter input - did you put in the username in this format username@plusdsl.net
picbits
Rising Star

Re: Wish to install new router due to Plusnet page appearance but have difficulty

Username is your username you use to access the customer portal i.e. yourname@plusdsl.net
Password is your password for the portal.
robertjohn
Grafter

Oldjim and DomS
I thank you both for your invaluable replies and apologise for my ignorance.  I had wondered how my ISP was identified if I was simply entering my usual user name and password.  Adding the necessary @plusdsl.net allowed the process to complete successfully.
Now I must see whether this new router makes any difference.
Cheers!
Bob
picbits
Rising Star

Excellent - thanks for reporting back and fingers crossed it sorts the issue Smiley
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Just to clarify, when you say the PlusNET home page, do you mean http://plus.net or the PlusNET router login page?
I doubt that changing routers is going to fix either of these distinct issues.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

robertjohn
Grafter

Townman
It is http://www.plus.net/, http://www.plus.net/home-broadband/fibre/ or similar to which I refer.  Such pages appeared about three times in one day on my brother-in-law's laptop when he visited us last weekend even.