cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless question

mapletree
Grafter

Wireless question

I am using the PN supplied Netgear WNR1000v3 router for my FTTC Internet Connection.  The wi-fi has started working intermittently.  Is there any way to see whether it's using the 2.4MHz or 5MHz bands?  In fact can this router operate at 5MHz at all?
6 REPLIES 6
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Wireless question

2.4GHz only.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
RickK
Grafter

If it is causing issues and not working properly, I would reset the router to factory defaults and test it some more.
Does this happen to one device or more?
If resetting it doesn't help and it does happen to more than 1 device then I suggest contacting PN as it could be a hardware fault with the router.
mapletree
Grafter

FYI This is the second router of this type I have had and they have both been flaky with wireless.  The symptoms are that all connected devices are disconnected and cannot be reconnected for a period of time.  This seems to happen at random.  Signal strength is showing as 'good'.  I don't want to reset the router to factory settings right now since it is working and people are using it.  I might try later.
vinnym70

Also seeing similar problems with the WNR1000.
Couple of times a week no wireless devices in the house can connect although any that are already connected seem Ok.
Last night, wireless performance round the whole house was terrible but wired was fine (still through the WNR1000)
In all instances, rebooting the WNR1000 fixes it - but it's starting to become a regular requirement.
To be fair all the routers I've owned over the years have seemed to need a reboot every-so-often for similar issues.
With that in mind, although its frustrating, I don't see the point in rushing out and buying a new one only to find it exhbitis similar issues.
mapletree
Grafter

I've had plenty of routers (ADSL) and I don't recall having similar issues before.  However we do make more use of wireless than previously.  I probably will buy a new router when I get a round tuit  Wink
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Quote from: mapletree
  I probably will buy a new router when I get a round tuit  Wink

Here you go mate.

Sorry mods, couldn't resist it. Wink