cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless issues with Thomson v8 (after firmware upgrade) Updated.

passingcloud

Re: Wireless issues with Thomson v8 (after firmware upgrade) Updated.

Thanks spraxyt and w23. I did try that now and I didn't find a major difference. Following is a speed test.
Interface Type: 802.11b/g

I also tried the other interfaces like 'g' only, 'legacy b/g', but results are similar.
Also I agree with w23 on that this doesn't appear to be a problem with Dell. I checked on an Acer, relatively new, with Win 7 as well and results and experience are similar.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Quote from: passingcloud
I just realised that I might have been facing the same wireless upload speed slow problem. I did notice this thread some months back and did the firmware upgrade, I think ...

Yeah, looks like you're using the 8.2.7.8 firmware. Are you able to get hold of another router to test. If you can, and you find the problem is no longer evident, then I can probably arrange for a 582N to sent out to replace the 585v8.
By the way, whilst looking at our account I noticed your upload is capped at 448kbps do I've placed an order to uncap it (should complete tomorrow at some point).

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

passingcloud

Thanks Bob. No I don't have access to another router per se, unless I try begging for one from my friends 🙂 but would prefer not to if given a choice. Do you think I should try once after the cap is removed? Or any other options? Would returning the new router if it doesn't work be a feasible option?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

We can't really send one out until we've proved the issue is with the router you have tbh, which is why Bob asked what he did. If you can prove the current router is what's causing the issues that's all we're after and will as he says be able to get you a replacement out.
passingcloud

But, out of curiosity, isn't an improved speed on a wired connection already proving the point?
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

That depends on what your wife's upload speeds are like when using the same laptop on another wireless connection? Even in doing that, you're introducing more variables because the location of the access point differs to your set-up at home.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

nathandivey

Hi , i've been with PN from January 2012 i was sent a Thompson tg585v8 (v 8.2.7.8 firmware). Recently i have had very slow upload speeds to the point where i can't send an email with anything other than text on it. I also have a problem with signal dropping out and machines having to reconnect, Any advice would be welcome. Thanks

Device : Desktop
Make : iMac 21.5 inch
Issue : low upload speed

orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Probably well worth trying another router, I'm afraid though as yours is out of its 12 month warranty period we wouldn't be able to replace it. We can provide a new one if you wish (give our support team a call and they'll arrange it for you) but any ADSL/2+ router will be compatible.