Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless connection intermittent

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Wireless connection intermittent

Are you using WPA2 security on the router?  That required a patch to be installed on XP SP2, KB917021.
I just wondered if that was relevant to your situation (another straw).  If you had it originally restoring the registry could have removed it.
David
johnfarrar
Dabbler

Hi8.  I'm using WPA-PSK (no sever) TKIP encryption.  Whatever, I downloaded the patch you gave me and the connection works at this moment.  I'll keep you informed as to how it goes. Fingers crossed and everything else.
Many thanks for your persistence.
John
johnfarrar
Dabbler

Well, the connection drops out, I am unable to manually connect and then the connection makes automatically.  Most confusing Huh Huh
John
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Sorry, I've run out of straws too.  Huh
David
coastergrotto
Grafter

I had similar troubles with my Belkin router.  I ditched it in favour of a BT Voyager 2110 since when I have only dropped connection on two occasions.
johnfarrar
Dabbler

Thanks for your input.  I have had horrendous broadband connection problems the last few days which are now improving; hence my lack of response here.
However, I have downloaded the latest drivers for my Belkin PCI wireless card and the connection, ATM, is fine.  Again, fingers crossed but things are looking hopeful. Smiley
Cheers
John
johnfarrar
Dabbler

Well, installing the latest drivers (2005!) has done the trick as the wireless connection has been solid.  My poor broadband connection was caused by water getting into a BT connection some distance from my house so that will be fixed soon. Grin Grin
Thanks for the input guys.
John