cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless at home help

jmctighe
Dabbler

Wireless at home help

Ok just wondering if anyone could give me some advice.
At my house we have very thick walls and sometimes wifif upstairs can struggle. The router is placed downstairs in one of the rooms where the master socket is. Before i moved to plusnet my wifi was not that bad but since moving to plusnet fibre it probably could be classed as a bit worse.
I am not sure if it could be the router or not or is there anyway of extending the wireless signal round the house?
Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Re: Wireless at home help

You might want to try changing the channels on the router which may help a little. We've got instructions here. Should that fail, you might want to consider some home plugs which could help depending on your circumstances.
Tony
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
jmctighe
Dabbler

I already changed the channels so they are within a range of 2 of all the houses in the area.
My broadband speed is 76mb down the line so could it be the router which is causing the problem also as when i am close to the router i get close to maximum speed.
Rickkk
Dabbler

Hello.
Take a look at this post on another forum (obviously ADSL speed is far less that 100Mbps but the wireless principle is the same!) ...
Speed less than 100 Mbps? Not sure why? Read this ...
Basically, it's not that easy to achieve 'fast' wireless speeds unless you have the equipment to do it, both transmitting and receiving.