cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless Speed dropped since endof stabilisation period

thekunig
Dabbler

Wireless Speed dropped since endof stabilisation period

New customer here and while in stabilisation period just using wireless connection I was achieving around 20 - 25 Mbps now its gone down to below 6 Mbps - Router shows Downstream is at 39.99 Mbps with SNR 6.0 and 6.3  - not sure why its gone down so low as nothing has changed? - Logged a "ticket" 4 days ago but still no response - any ideas welcome !

17 REPLIES 17
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Re: Wireless Speed dropped since endof stabilisation period

Hi @thekunig

Thanks for getting in touch.

I can see from your fault ticket that you've confirmed that this is a wifi issue as ethernet provides a reasonable speed. With this in mind, I'd initially advise that you follow the wifi troubleshooting here, before I open up the floor to the rest of the community in terms of any additional advice they may have.

A wifi speed issue isn't something we'd be able to progress via a fault with our suppliers as it does not relate to the external infrastructure which they provide and maintain.

Best wishes,

Dave

thekunig
Dabbler

Hi Dave

I appreciate the reply and am aware that wireless issues arent part of any network diags etc - its just I had for about 3 weeks a good speed with around 20 - 25 mbps - Its just dropped suddenly to less than 5 without me doing anything at all - no electrical additional equip etc ? - thats my question really - I am aware that I maynot get the 39mpbs my line can handle but to drop that much is a bit puzzling !!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Can you try the steps Here letting us know how it goes?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
thekunig
Dabbler

Hi I have just recieved this as a reply to my ticket

"Testing has located an potential fault.

I have raised this to our supplier to investigate.

Updates will be provided on this ticket. "

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @thekunig,

Thank you for letting us know that the tests have found a fault. I've checked and I've been able to get an update from our suppliers. They have advised that they have cleared a fault that was located within the local network (between your property and the exchange) and that they believe that this issue should now be resolved for you.

Please let us know if you are still experiencing any problems with your connection or if there's anything else that you'd like to discuss.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
thekunig
Dabbler

Thanks - this has resolved my issues and now back to good speed - thaks for your help - I have now closed down the original ticket

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

That's good to see, thanks a lot for letting us know. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
thekunig
Dabbler

Well it would seem I am back to slow speeds again this time only reaching around 6mpbs ? any ideas?

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @thekunig, I'm sorry to hear you are having issues again. It looks like a fault has been detected, it's been raised to our suppliers and there should be an update in 24-72 hours.

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
thekunig
Dabbler

Hi I am just checking on the state of my fault/issue - the status of my ticket is : Your fault Ticket has now been taken off hold. 

That was on Saturday 27th - can you tell me whats happening to this please ?

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Hi @thekunig ,

Thanks for your post.

We're showing that we're now going to need to get an SFI engineer out to address this issue and so I've sent you an update via your ongoing ticket found at the below link:

https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=183984199

Please let us know via this post if you have any further issues, or need further information.

thekunig
Dabbler

Thanks for your reply - however - I had great speeds when I first joined - upto 26mbps on wireless - its gone down to around 6mpbs then after a fault was found speeds improved to around 15mbps - I am getting exactly what my downstream is via ethernet (so can't be a network fault) its just wireless has gone slow again without me doing anything at all - so no advice to change the wifi channel etc - does this really warrant an SFI ?

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Hello @thekunig,

Thanks for getting back to us and sorry to hear you are experiencing an issue with your speed over wireless.

Initially when we ran tests on your line we did pick up an external fault which would have been impacting the service, however our suppliers believed they have rectified this but do leave the fault open in case further investigation is needed.

In this case as you have confirmed that the issue is limited solely to wireless, I would advised to try changing the wireless help guides that Dave provided to see if that helps and get back to us here.

Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
thekunig
Dabbler

Thanks for your response - but I have troubleshooted myself into a frenzy - so if your now saying that there was a fault and was rectified - why would you be sending out an SFI ? - I will carry on with the slow wifi (getting used to it now) just close the fault down and I will wait until my contract ends and go somewhere else