Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless Speed Capped?

Al00fy

Wireless Speed Capped?

Hello.
I have the oddest Problem.
I have the Thompson Supplied router, and when connecting a computer wired I receive full speed as my line allows. 3MB down/400k Up
When it is wireless I get 3MB Down and 100K (130 Max) Up
I have changed the signal and done a WIFI scan to see which channels are free - its positioned in Channel 2, with channel 1 and 3 being also free -  I have moved it around as well to see if this made a difference.
I have placed the Laptop near the router - using the scanner to see signal strength and again at 100% signal strength I still only get 100kb
I have changed the Micro Filter, and received only a small uplift - something I would expect from a re-connect
The router is plugged into the main BT Socket (it's the only one in the house)
I have had other Routers from other ADSL suppliers located in the same position, and never had this problem before.
Embarrisingly I am in IT and really don't have a clue how to resolve this, but my technical level is very good so please feel free to answer in this manner.
I have asked Plus Net to send me another Router - the guy I spoke to was very friendly but also had never come across the issue.
He has suggested coming to you guys to see if you know the answer - so..... can you help me? Smiley
2 REPLIES 2
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Re: Wireless Speed Capped?

There's a very long thread about this here, assuming you have the TG585 v8.
No-one seems to have come up with any fix or workaround, some people are being supplied with different wireless routers (TG585 v7 or TG582n).
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Wireless Speed Capped?

Hi Al00fy,
A new router has been ordered for you. This should resolve the issue.
Jojo Smiley