cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless Adaptor

valart
Grafter

Wireless Adaptor

My broadband dropped and I went into Windows Net Diagnostics and I was told there was a problem with the wireless adaptor and in the next instance it had fixed the problem in no time,I am not sure what this means have I a faulty wireless adaptor.
4 REPLIES 4
Cruise85
Grafter

Re: Wireless Adaptor

Hi valart
I have encountered the issue a couple of times myself with my Desktop, It usually just requires me to unplug the adaptor and plug it back in again, the classic fix I know Smiley
I'm unsure of the reasoning behind it, but hopefully the connection is now working ok and it was just a glitch
Regards
Matt
valart
Grafter

Thanks for your reply I will try what you said if it happens again my only problem with that is my laptop that I use is upstairs and is plugged into my speakers for when I listen to music,so it means running downstairs where my router is.
shure
Grafter

I don't understand.  The wireless adapter will be in your laptop, so you shouldn't need to go near the router.  Just unplug and reconnect the adapter in the laptop itself.
sjptd
Grafter

If the wireless adapter is built in to the laptop, a lot of laptops have a little switch to turn it off and on again. 
If it is built in and you don't have a switch, you can disable/enable it in Device Manager (tedious), or I can give you a short .cmd file which is easier to access as you can put a shortcut into start menu.