Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Mail

Redviper
Grafter

Windows Mail

Running windows mail on Vista
Hi All
Up until about 2 weeks ago, i have been unable to send emails on my Vista Laptop - my XP Desktop can send emails no problem.
I can receive emails no problem however when i send Emails i get the following message. "The message could not be sent, the authentication setting may not be correct for your outgoing email [SMTP] Server
However i have triple checked the settings from plusnet help guides, and with my desktop PC upstairs, I have also turned of my software firewall, but the problem still remains, can anyone help
Many Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Windows Mail

Hi there,
Sorry to hear you're having problems.
In Windows Mail click Tools > Accounts, highlight your Plusnet account and click Properties. Highlight the server tab and make sure that you're not using authentication for outbound email (see attached screengrab).
The other thing I'd check is that you're not unwittingly connecting to another wireless network from the laptop. If you run a speedtest here from the laptop does is identify your ISP as Plusnet?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Redviper
Grafter

Hi, thanks for your reply
Ive triple checked all the connection settings, and the check boxes for secure authentication, are definitely not checked, and Im connecting through my own wireless connection.
I have checked firewals, and I downloaded windows Live mail that automatically imported all my settings from Windows mail and that can send emails no problem, so im guessing that there is something wrong with windows mail itself but I cant figure it out - it did a similar thing before but i cant remember how it was resolved
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Is there anything in your outbox and if so have you tried deleting it and sending another message?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵