cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Mail receiving but not sending???

sedgemore

Windows Mail receiving but not sending???

Hi,
Hoping someone can help. My Windows Mail is set up to get & send my plusnet emails, and was working fine, but since March I haven't been able to send anything. There is a box which flashes up on my screen but it's there and gone so fast I can't see an error code or anything but the word "disconnecting"does appear for about one second before the box disappears again. Any ideas, please? Am at my wits end...
Any and all help greatly appreciated
Thanks Cry
4 REPLIES 4
paulby
Grafter

Re: Windows Mail receiving but not sending???

Have you tried deleting the account and setting it up again?
Go to Tools>Accounts - Highlight the account and hit remove (you won't lose any mail).
Follow the set up instructions on this page to re-enter your account.
sedgemore

No i Haven't tried deleting & setting up again. Thought I would lose all my emails if I did that. Will Try it though and let you know.
Thanks for the reply.  Kiss
geewizz
Grafter

Are you using Outlook Express?
If so, go to TOOLS > ACCOUNTS > MAIL > PROPERTIES > SERVERS and check that the address there is "relay@xxxxxx", where "xxxxx" is freeonline.net or plus.net or whatever it wa that you were given as your relay address.
If you are using something else, could you state what it is, please?
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

I use Windows Live Mail (a Microsoft application, NOT the web interface) for some things, is that what you're using or the Windows Mail (Outlook Express replacement) in Vista?
With WLM I've found removing and reattaching accounts is required "every now and again" to overcome problems.  Not sure about Vista-WM as I've only used it trivially.