cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will some one remove interleaving

rackstraw2006
Grafter

Will some one remove interleaving

Been trying to get interleaving removed since 23rd march.. I keep getting told its done but it never is. my last chat with CS says there is a fault and to raise a ticket I have but I never get a reply from a FAULT ticket so this is my last attempt, can anyone in PN actually get the fault fixed and remove interleaving before I take it to the next step.
7 REPLIES 7
KatC
Grafter

Re: Will some one remove interleaving

Hi
We have placed the order to remove interleaving from the line, however there still seems to be an issue with this. We are currently investigating this further for you and we will keep you updated via the member center.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Was this issue - http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,134982.msg1190058.html#msg1190058 - ever resolved?
There seems no point trying to get interleaving removed if the line is not stable / error free.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

rackstraw2006
Grafter

@ Townman: this is still happening. I had interleaving put on for 2 weeks and it that time my errors we all over the place and sync speed dropped between 6.4 and 6.8 with no line tweaking. Now this is way out of what I was getting on the FAST profile so I asked to be reverted back.
As for the other fault its still their but as PN are not interested in helping. I have been doing loads of investigating myself and it looks like the fault (interference) is down to a connecting point on my line between my exchange and the street box. According to my neighbour (Bt worker) who tested my line when working on the poll out the back and its clear from house to street box however street box to exchange is showing a loss in strength but it is just within limits so BT will not issue any repairs. The loss he thinks it is almost a corroded connection point within my line.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Hi,
If he were a really good friend, he might just pop along the line and fix your joints!  Wink Grin
Armed with that knowledge, PN might be able to run CLT tests to identify the bad joint(s).
Seems like you could do with having the old thread resurrected or even merged with this one so that the whole history is visible to CRT.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

rackstraw2006
Grafter

He did say he would have repaired the line from the street box to the house but from the street box to the exchange would require testing several different point along the route and that would take up a lot of time. As I only moved in a few months back I am just glad he done the testing for me. Sadly my neighbour moved last month so I do not see him around now.
I just done a quick look at the stats on the BT line and had a laugh... Only 4 crc errors in 28 days. The PN is getting about 4 every minute  Cheesy
By all means merge the topics but cant see PN doing anything about it while I am still paying for the service.
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Is interleaving set correctly now? I've had a few problems getting it changed on 20CN lines, so let me know if it's wrong.
Likewise, if you still have problem with the connection, we can arrange the engineer for you if it's still required.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
rackstraw2006
Grafter

Interleaving is off and profile is on FAST.. Profile speed just needs time to update.
If we do get an engineer out and test the line and come to the same conclusion that the line is within the recommended limits I can not see him doing a thing.. How ever I am willing to let him test it out and show him the differences between my two lines.