cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will my Sync return to it's previous level at any point.

Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Will my Sync return to it's previous level at any point.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I think we can agree on that.
petecov44
Grafter

Thanks Chris Pettitt
I think BTO should give the option of no DLM. I don't know why my line went the way it did - nothing on the charts to show anything that would cause it. and with BT now being on watchdog it seems this DLM is just no good.
Still, as a user - what do I know.
AndyH
Grafter

DLM is essentially an error-finding algorithm, it does not just intervene for no reason.
When DLM sees errors on your line, it takes action to ensure you have a stable service. There might be errors on your line, which are not apparent to you - either by affecting your internet performance or voice service. DLM acts on the side of caution, providing stability over speed. Some people on here disagree with that, but it looks like Openreach is working with CPs to ensure there are more DLM profiles available to meet all user needs.
petecov44
Grafter

Okay well as soon as I can I will upload all my charts from day 0 to when i moved house - and you tell me what went wrong.
Then I can be sure.
AndyH
Grafter

Which charts are those? If they are TBB graphs, then they won't show errors on your line.
Terranova667
Pro

Can someone from the DCT check if my line error is green, I'm still on 57Mb DLM has done nothing to increase my Sync / profiles back to where they were originally it's been nearly two months since the line fault has gone and almost three weeks since the kitchen was finished and not even a slight increase never mind the 6-7Mb i had lost, can DLM or the profiles be stuck. 
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I've never witnessed a stuck DLM Profile on FTTC. Your line still has a couple of errors but nothing that should stop the speeds from increasing. Unfortunately it can take a long time for speeds to recover. If your speeds are going to, they will. I've attached your Line Stats.
Terranova667
Pro

Thanks Chris.. at least i know it looks ok Just a very very long waiting game it seems  Sad
petecov44
Grafter

I have my service being installed as I type this. I am now not too bothered if the DLM destroys it again as I have cable installted too but I am hoping it won't be touched as I have gone from 73 to 35(ish)
Terranova667
Pro

@pete good luck to you, I don't have that luxury so i'm stuck on waiting on DLM which i know will not do anything Two months plus so far and nothing, I'm willing to bet if DLM was allowed to be reset I would get my speed back no problem. 
petecov44
Grafter

Yes the engineer I showed this thread to today agrees with you. Well I have not missed the sodding DC's I keep getting 10 days or not. If mine drops again I will have issues. The engineer has built me a new line so I have the top end of the Clean estimate
Forgot to say OR engineer was fab. He not only let me choose which Modem I wanted ( so I chose a HG612) but he also took me to the NGA to have a  look,. There are 24 on this one
petecov44
Grafter

Woke up got no throughput so had to restart OR modem. I guess(hope) it  doesn't matter than much in the first 10 days.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

DLM won't take action against your line for the first 2 days that it's become active.
petecov44
Grafter

Fair enough. Can you have a look at my account please Chris - do the billing stuff and also please can you change my account so it shows my new number and line stuff. It's still showing the old stuff at https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed.
Thanks
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I've changed your Phone Number and address details all to the correct ones.
The House Moves Team will check over everything when they next pick your ticket up anyhow, just to double check.