cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will my Sync return to it's previous level at any point.

Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: Will my Sync return to it's previous level at any point.

@Adam thanks for the reply at least there doesn't appear to be anything stopping DLM from doing it's thing,  I guess i have no choice but to wait for DLM which is so damn annoying when it can drop sync / profiles in seconds but take days to bring it back again  Sad  Whoever thought that was a good idea needs a clip around the head and told to think again. 
petecov44
Grafter

You are right,
Before I moved it had raised it up 4mbps in a week. I am dreading what DLM will do on this new line but we will see.
Terranova667
Pro

@ petecov I wish mine had risen that much i would be back where i should be, so far it's been almost 1 Week and 1Mb increase with no sign of it rising any further despite tests showing all is ok for DLM to do so.
petecov44
Grafter

Hi Terranova,
Yes that is odd. I did reboot once after 72 hours and again before I left. It settled on 65mbps before I pulled the plug.
Well estimates here at the new address are from 47-49 so that's probably 60 down to 50 when DLM decides it wants to ruin things. I have no idea why it kicked in on my old connection. I hope this one is not affected as much. Mind you there are more people on this NGA so it will probably mess things up.
Terranova667
Pro

well Kitchen finally finished Electrician finished off what he needed to do unfortunately for me upon getting the power back on my IP profile is back down to 57Mb, great i get a 1Mb increase in over 10 days and a instant 1Mb drop when the modem goes back on,
can i get a DLM reset after all my sync and profiles wouldn't be this low in the first place if 3 engineers hadn't come to do their tests they may not have found anything but they did cause my Sync and profiles to drop further than the fault had caused, I waited long enough after the fault was fixed for DLM on its own to raise them and it did next to nothing as i say 1Mb in over 10 days,  I checked this morning before the power went off and it had still remained at 58Mb so it's not like it was increasing on it's own  Sad 
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for getting back to us Terranova667,
Sorry to hear this has dropped again, seems like the latest drop would be linked to the work you've had done given the timing of this however recovering 1mb over 10 days is quite good going so based on this as well as the current speed you're getting, it would outweigh the cost and complexity involved with arranging for an engineer to attend the exchange to force a DLM reset on the line.
Understandably you want to get back to the speeds you saw before the initial investigations however the recovery time as been favourable and as such we would need to wait this out and see where the DLM takes it of its own accord at this stage.
Terranova667
Pro

I don't see 1Mb in ten days as good going at that rate it would be close to two months before I get back to where i was and that's even if DLM will do anything it wasn't looking like it was making any further changes since the initial increase 9 days ago and that was before todays drop,  I wouldn't mind but the majority of the loss wasn't down to me or the fault but the three engineer visits to me that warrants a reset  Angry 
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'm sorry that you feel that way.
I've mentioned on a number of occasions that sending out engineers isn't going to necessarily mean you're going to get your DLM Reset. There are strict rules surrounding DLM Resets of when they can be done and what instances they can be done. A DLM Reset will only be put through by an engineer if the engineer has had to make a physical change on the network that might affect your sync rate.
The engineer doesn't have to do a DLM Reset but the option is available to them. DLM will increase your speeds if it feels that the line can cope with higher/faster speeds. Your line is monitored by DLM and reports on it every 15 minutes so it's pretty clued up on what changes need to be made, if any at all. I'm sorry that you're unhappy with your speeds, but you're connecting and getting speeds better than your estimate and we don't consider the drop you've had in speeds to be a fault.
I think moving forward, the course of action we will follow, is to allow DLM to make the changes it deems necessary.
Terranova667
Pro

Of course i'm getting better than my estimate it was cut by more than half when i got the fault with no reason given by plusnet or  BTW / BTO  I would still like to know why that has happened my estimate before the fault was 67Mb it's now 29Mb quite a drop wouldn't you say, as for DLM being clued up why did it only increase my Sync and profiles by 1Mb in the 10 days after the fault was gone all tests pointed to everything being green and perfectly fine for it to increase them further yet it hadn't done a damn thing,  that doesn't sound clued up to me.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

DLM isn't going to increase your speeds straight away, it needs time and proof/evidence that the line can remain clear and error free before it will make positive changes to your line.
I appreciate you're unhappy given that your speeds have dropped, but there is very little we can do about that I'm afraid, we don't hold any direct control over any external influences on your line or further uptake at your cabinet which is the likely reason. Because your connection worked at a higher rate historically, doesn't mean that speed is going to be maintained, that's why estimates change, as external changes change from time to time.
If you give your line time, I'm not saying it's going to be quick, but if you do give your line time, and leave it to do it's thing, if your line is of good enough quality, the speeds will increase.
Terranova667
Pro

I'm sorry Chris it''s just been a stressful day what with the kitchen taking longer than it should have I wouldn't have had the drop today if it finished when it should have I just needed to vent, I appreciate your hands are tied I just wish they weren't as tide with Fibre as they are compared to ADSL, I'll let DLM do it's thing I have no choice it seems lol.  Smiley
petecov44
Grafter

DLM just likes to spoil lines and is stupid.. End of story.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Unhelpful and incorrect there Pete. DLM on Fibre is actually pretty good, just misunderstood and a bit slower than we'd like.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Terranova667
Pro

I don't think Pete is being unhelpful he's saying how he sees it, It's far to slow that's the problem having to wait days, weeks maybe months in the hope something may happen is not great in the slightest any way you look at it especailly when you have come from ADSL services that give your full sync / speed back the moment the router re-syncs, I know Fibre is a different kind of beast and you have to get use to that but that still doesn't help the matter.
petecov44
Grafter

Sorry but that's how I see it. If my opinion based on my experience is not valid i'll cancel my subs and PN can do one.
Not paying to be insulted. My experience was fine until DLM messed it up - that's a fact.. and it probably will do again.
Thanks Terra, I appreciate what you said.