cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will I be activated this Saturday or a day early?

Moominfish
Grafter

Will I be activated this Saturday or a day early?

When I originally signed up it said in the E-Mail I would be activated on the 26th of March and when checking the order tracker it now says the 27th of March sometime after 12pm,
Broadband orders typically take a week to complete.
Your broadband order should complete on 27th Mar 2010 - After 12pm. Please note that this date can sometimes change. We'll let you know if this happens.

So just wondered if someone from Plusnet could check for me if I will be activated on the 27th (this coming Saturday) or today the 26th? I've checked my bank and the Direct Debit is all setup now so presumably all that's left is for me to wait for activation?
Thank you
31 REPLIES 31
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Re: Will I be activated this Saturday or a day early?

Hi there, and welcome aboard!
I've just checked our ordering systems and it looks like you're good to go already Smiley
I've activated your account for you so you should be able to connect, give me a nudge if you encounter any problems.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Moominfish
Grafter

Hi,
Thanks for the welcome, i'm all up and running now, just changed the username and password over from my old ISP to Plusnet in my router and alls well Cheesy
So all is well in the land or Plusnet, and looking forward to some gaming later depending on my speed Cheesy
My Plusnet speedtest is below and my old Virgin ISP is below that and you can already see the difference! Although I'm hoping the speed improves a bit from 3.86 mb/s when the 10 days thing is up when everything is supposed to settle down (so I heard) lol

And the Virgin one here,
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Well if the ping stays that low to gaming servers you should be fine - might see you on L4D2 over the weekend Wink
Welcome to Plusnet and the forums, if there's anything else we can do please don't hesitate to shout up.
paulpicks21
Grafter

Glad its going well mate  Smiley
Moominfish
Grafter

Cheers paul,
Maybe me and thee will get a chance to play against each other on some gaming server one day! I've got COD4 Modern Warfare and COD Modern Warfare 2 and lots of other shooters like Crysis etc etc, my username for gaming is usually Duker5 or on Games for Windows live Dukester8 Cheesy
Moominfish
Grafter

Quote from: Matt
Well if the ping stays that low to gaming servers you should be fine - might see you on L4D2 over the weekend Wink
Welcome to Plusnet and the forums, if there's anything else we can do please don't hesitate to shout up.

True, and who told you I had Left 4 Dead 2 Tongue (i've got Left 4 Dead as well) but shhhh....... lol
scootie
Grafter

whats your attention reported as in your router stats? at a guess i reckon about 43db
paulpicks21
Grafter

Quote from: Moominfish
Cheers paul,
Maybe me and thee will get a chance to play against each other on some gaming server one day! I've got COD4 Modern Warfare and COD Modern Warfare 2 and lots of other shooters like Crysis etc etc, my username for gaming is usually Duker5 or on Games for Windows live Dukester8 Cheesy

I have cod4 and half life 2 , so would be up for a game or 2 soon.
I play on a yank server for cod4 called extreme idiots ace mod , its a real fast moving server , totally awesome compared to the normal ones.
Give me a shout and I will let you know the details you need to get on the server.
Paul.
Moominfish
Grafter

Quote from: Asbo
whats your attention reported as in your router stats? at a guess i reckon about 43db

Well it looks like it's 34db according to the below in my router stats,

And it also says my DownStream Connection Speed is 5088 kbps and UpStream Connection Speed is 448 kbps
Just out of interest is their some reason you want or need to know my attenuation thing? Is their a problem with my service already? Hope not  Cheesy
Addnan
Grafter

You should be syncing a lot higher than what you are.
Look here http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/max_speed_calc.php
If you are on premium and your exchange is ads2+ enabled then you should syncing around 12,000. If you are on value or your exchange isn't ads2+ enabled you should be syncing around 7000.
Your snr is a little high. Are you plugged into the master socket?
scootie
Grafter

Just out of interest is their some reason you want or need to know my attenuation thing? Is their a problem with my service already? Hope not 

i was going on what your sync speed was to have a guess what your atten db was ( a reading of how long your line is)
its not a problem as such, but there is a fair bit of sync speed to be gained if you have some spare time to find what is causing your noise margin to be 12db, there is posablilty that if there is a problem with your internal wiring ect we can get that down 6db and a bigish gain in sync speed.
if your still in the 10 day traing period then i wouldnt mess to much till thats over.
nittygritty
Grafter

nice to see you moom, glad to see your speeds r looking better than virgins:) if your into gaming have you asked for your interleaving to be turned off, i have and its improved my pings that bit extra:) i play mw2 and recently got battlefield bad company 2, well good ,so nice to play games without worrying about lag for a change, and also yeah u guessed it good download speeds in evenings compared to cough cough i name i wont mention but u know who i mean Wink
Moominfish
Grafter

What's the sync speed in the screenshot I provided? Is it the line attenuation?
And my exchange isn't on ADSL2+ and don't think it will be for quite some time lol.
I'm also not plugged into my master socket, basically because the pc is on the other side of the room so I've got a long phone extension cable plugged into the master socket then on the end of that is a microfilter and into that is the phone and also the phone wire that goes into the router that provides me with the ADSL service, so in that respect I am kind of plugged into the master socket lol.
And yeah Asbo I am still in the 10 day training period, in fact today is day 2 lol.
@ Nittygritty,
Good to see you man Cheesy I've not asked to have interleaving turned off as I'm still in the training period at the mo, and yeah I do have good download speeds now (and wayyyyyyyy better on Steam) than you know who lol, I got 60 kb/s on Steam maximum download, and yesterday downloading Half-Life 2 on Steam I was getting well over 400 kb/s!
@Caveman,
Just entered my downstream attenuation in that Max Speed Calculator and it says based on the 34.0 db I entered that the max I could get is dslMAX  7616 kbps IP Profile 6500 kbps
scootie
Grafter

if your happy with the speed your getting and moving to wireless or moving your pc closer to the master socket is more of an issue than gain in about 2mb of speed then leave as you are.
the sync speed in the screen shot is the connection speed.
if your intrested to find out if the extension wiring causing a drop in sync speed you could try at the test socket for a one of sync  it may not give you the best sync speed straight away as there is things called noise margins and yours is 12db. where if the exchange equipment is happy with your line it will drop it down to 9db and then 6db each step would give an increase in sync speed.
have a read around the kitz site for some excellent info on how adsl works http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/linestats.htm