Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi dropping on and off all the time

Scrinson
Dabbler

Wifi dropping on and off all the time

Hello

My wifi has been terrible in recent days.  It either drops off or it becomes unstable.  Like so many others, I am working from home and my desk is only about ten feet from the router, so I'm quite close to it.  I've left a message on the PlusNet Help Twitter message feed but I thought I'd post here as it's becoming increasingly challenging to work just now.

Best

Julie

6 REPLIES 6
longframbri

Re: Wifi dropping on and off all the time

Hi Scrinson,

I too have been experiencing the same as you over a number of days.  The PlusNet help team have tested my line and identified "a high resistance or wet joint in my circuit in/around my house.  They are arranging an OpenReach engineer to check this out.  I am currently undecided as to the reason given for the interruptions since I can have days when all works perfectly and then  alternate days when it is diabolical.  I would have thought a fault such as suggested would be all or nothing.  

It would be interesting if someone from the Help Team picks up your query and checks out your line too. 

Longframbri 

Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

You shouldn't piggy back other threads as your issue is not wifi, like original poster. Damp junction boxes can temporarily dry out.

Scrinson, always is useful on such queries to advise make of your router; d/load a free wifi analyser prog, and see what channels are most in use in your vicinity; then choose the least populated, by changing in router settings.
If your router broadcasts on 2 channels, it's suggested that you change the SSID for the 5ghz one to a different name. May help.
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @Scrinson,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. I would recommend splitting the wireless networks that your router is operating on and there's a guide on how to do this here.

I would also recommend running through the following guide to see how you can get the most out of your wireless connections, here.

Hi @longframbri,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your connection. I can see that we raised a support ticket requesting an engineer visit, however this hasn't been responded to yet. So we can progress the investigation of this fault, please could you respond to the ticket by clicking this link. Once you've done so, please let us know on here so we can pick this back up for review as soon as possible.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
longframbri

TheMightyAJ,

I have responded to both the link in the text and the separate email sent by Adam.  Here is the text of my response:-

"Hi Adam,

Thanks for all that.  I would be happy for the engineer to visit between 08:00-13:00, but depends upon the day chosen?  Is this the Openreach engineer or your PlusNet Guy?Huh

Regards

Brian

Brian Pendrich"

and sorry for the piggy back to GEL (All Star)!!

KatieC
Pro
Fixes: 11

Hi @longframbri

I have tried to call today to progress with the appointment but was unable to get in touch, sorry I missed you.

Should you still be experiencing issues with your broadband, please reply directly to the ticket online here.

If you could provide 3 dates that you are available for the engineer to attend. The slots are Monday to Friday, 8am-1pm or 1pm-6pm.

Please do let us know if you have any further questions!

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Katie C
 Plusnet Help Team
Mardler
Rising Star

Same here.

Connection drops every minute: terminated by PN.