cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi disconnected

Kelross

Wifi disconnected

Hello, having issues with my wifi, I was told this morning everything had been activated and i was good to go, and the blue light was on when i had the advanced settings set to “setup@plusnetdsl”
But when I changed it to my account, it said the wifi was disconnected, do i simply need to wait or has something gone wrong, i read in another thread that had this issue that they needed a plusnet worker to go and activate the wifi as it actually hadn’t been activated yet. As of right now the router is orange with the red B.
5 REPLIES 5
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: Wifi disconnected

@Kelross Welcome to the forums. It is possible that not all the background tasks have completed on all the systems - on your 'go live' date it can take up to 12.00 midnight for this to happen.

From your comments, it appears that this is your situation - I don't know where you read that comment, but a 'Plusnet worker' wouldn't go anywhere to activate your connection - maybe if you were on FTTC, a BT/OR engineer might have had to complete connection at the local cab, but if you are on ADSL (presumably, as you posted in the ADSL board), then this does not apply.

Report back tomorrow if you still have problems.

John
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

@jab1 

There is some possibility that OP is referring to getting the Plusnet account activated after BT have completed the service provision, be that ADSL or VDSL, sooner than waiting a short while for the process automation to complete.

Whatever, Plusnet will certainly not have any part in (need to) getting a user's WiFi working ... that just works when the router is turned on - even without an internet connection 😉

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jab1
Legend

Well, they certainly visited the forum at 0010 today, but didn't leave any response either way.

As to the WiFi - I know that, you know that, but it seems an increasing number of users don't - the number of times I've seen 'My WiFi doesn't work' when they mean the internet connection, is a little worrying.

John
Kelross

Hello - just a little background to help with understanding the issue maybe, I’ve just moved into a new flat which used to run on sky broadband, but this was then “turned off” and and engineer “turned on” the broadband for plusnet (at least thats my understanding). I certainly paid plusnet £50 for the engineer to do something that allowed the router to work. I received an email saying that the broadband was running, which is when i set up the router and ran into issues and posted here. Then, i found the original text (sent before the email) from plusnet saying that the broadband would be ready on midnight of the 21st so i waited last night and still no luck. Theres no dail tone on the old NES socket where the sky wifi was set up, and that does seem to be the master socket. I cant check the socket I’m using for the plusnet router because the only phone is totally stuck to the wall above the (probably) master Socket. The socket for the plusnet router is also NES, and has an ADSL filter that the router then plugs into. Ive also been trying to call plusnet but have been on hold the whole time but fingers crossed. Please let me know advice/ any more information needed.
jab1
Legend

@Kelross Your latest post has left me a little confused, so I'll start by asking a couple of questions: I assume your router is plugged in and powered up - if so, what if any, lights  are lit, and what colour are they? Is it possible for you to post pictures of these sockets - as they are now?

John