cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi device reconnections

Mickysmith

Wifi device reconnections

Hi all,

I’ve  been on plusnetnet for a week now and have an issue with devices reconnecting to WiFi. 

Everything is fine over wired ethernet

everything is fine over WiFi for permanently connected devices. 

The issue is with devices returning to the wireless network , for example laptops being started up and iPads returning to the house. 

When this happens the device won’t reconnect.  When I try to connect the device (select the network/SSID and enter the password) it fails  

the only recovery is to reboot the router  then everything is ok until another device needs to reconnect  

the router is Sagemcom 2704N, I think it’s referred to as hub zero

the firmware is 7.275.11_F2704N_Plusnet

has anyone else had this issue.? Any help appreciated  

2 REPLIES 2
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Wifi device reconnections

Hi there, 

I've not come across that specific problem with the Hub Zero router before but it would be a good idea to try a factory reset if you haven't already: https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/router-user-guides/ 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Re: Wifi device reconnections

It’s a frequently occurring problem with the 2704n routers. When in the state you describe, though previously connected WiFi devices can still access the internet, I found that they could not access Ethernet connected devices such as printers.

This has been raised before but not ironed out with the product suppliers. Personally I suspect that this is a DHCP issue within the router.

A quick reboot of the router clears the issue ... until next time!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.