cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi connection problem with Hannspree tablet.

Connexion

Wifi connection problem with Hannspree tablet.

I have purchased a Hannspree tablet, but it refuses to connect to my router.  However it connects fine to other people's routers.
My old Sumvision tablet connects fine to my router, so I am not mistaken about the router password.
My router is a Technicolor TG582n supplied by Plusnet.  With both tablets I have tried entering the IP address:  192.168.1.254
This immediately connects the Sumvision, but fails to connect the Hannspree.
I have tried pressing the WPS button on the router, but to no avail.
Can anyone suggest the cause of this incompatibility, please?
7 REPLIES 7
JayG
Pro
Fixes: 6

Re: Wifi connection problem with Hannspree tablet.

Are you saying the tablet is unable to find your (or any) router's Wifi signal to connect to, or you are unable to log into your router when it is connected?
It should find your Wireless Network SSID which will be PlusnetWireless******, which after you select it will connect after you input the Password (key) which should be on the card which came with the router.
When connected, you should then be able to use 192.168.1.254 in a browser, followed by the router's username and password, to access its configuration pages etc.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@Connexion
Is it telling you the log in details are incorrect when you try to connect to the router?
I'd try logging in via your PC (assuming you use one too) and change the router password then try to connect with the updated details.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I'd look at what wireless channel the router is using?  Try channel 1,6 or 11 and avoid 12 or 13 as the tablet may not support them.
JayG
Pro

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
@Connexion
Is it telling you the log in details are incorrect when you try to connect to the router?
I'd try logging in via your PC (assuming you use one too) and change the router password then try to connect with the updated details.

By a very strange coincidence (or is it?) I am now also unable to log in to my TG582n interface via my wireless Hudl, which I have always been able to do in the past with no problems.  Access via PC still OK.
Has something been going on behind the scenes we need to know about Adam?
I have had a few problems recently running Routerstats after PC sleep, apparently something to do with 2 concurrent telnet sessions with one user (admin), but I don't know whether there is any connection between these 2 issues.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Has something been going on behind the scenes we need to know about Adam?

Not at all, we'd let you know if we were to udpate the firmware on your router.
I'd try what I suggested previously and failing that an SNR reset.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
JayG
Pro

Thanks Adam - the OP has not returned to confirm the exact nature of the problem, and therefore whether your fix worked.
For my part, I'm always going to wonder why a procedure which always used to work suddenly doesn't, and apparently needs a work-around to fix it, although nothing surprises me any more in the wacky world of computing and broadband.  Wink
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Quote from: JayG
I have had a few problems recently running Routerstats after PC sleep,

...at the risk of hi-jacking the OP's thread ...
Problems such as this are quite often due to the NIC loosing its IP address (not getting a new one / lease refreshed) after power up post the sleep.  Reports of this are wide spread.  The usual recommendation to exclude the NIC from power save sleep does not always seem to fix the issue, even with the latest drivers.  I recently fixed this issue with one of my clients by inhibiting sleep mode on their PC.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.