cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi and LAN client communication issues

thecrowders

Wifi and LAN client communication issues

I have a TG582n supplied by plusnet, my wifi clients talk to the internet and also to devices on the wired LAN, but they are unable to communicate with each other.
The devices on my wired LAN, can communicate with the Internet and each other but not with the Wifi devices.
I have tested my wifi devices on other wifi networks to rule out the possibility of on device firewalls causing issues. All of the devices are able to communicate with each other on othe wifi networks.
Like-wise if I plug my wifi devices into the wired LAN they also work,
So it would appear to be an issue with the TG582n can anyone point me in the right direction? I have logged a support ticket with Plus Net however I'm not holding out much hope of hearing of a resolution.
Eagerly anticipating a response. Thanks in advance
Phil
4 REPLIES 4
AndyH
Grafter

Re: Wifi and LAN client communication issues

Can you check the subnet of a wired and wireless device to see if they are different?
When you say they cannot communicate with one another, is this from a program or piece of software? Can you ping a wireless device from a wired device?
thecrowders

They are on the same subnet as they are picking up IP addresses from DHCP on the router. and checking manually confirms this.
By not communicating I am unable to ping a device on the wifi from either a device on the wired connection or a device connected by wifi.
I hope the above makes sense.
If I connect wifi devices to my lumia ( using the lumia as a hot spot ) they all talk to each other fine, same if i take my devices to work and use company wifi.
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Looks like a problem with the Firewall settings in the 582.  Have you set any custom rules?
M

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

thecrowders

Only forwarding incoming TCP port 443 to my home server, can't see that, that would break it