cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi Drop Outs

jimbob-jamie

Wifi Drop Outs

I seem to have an issue with my wireless connection dropping out. It seems to happen overnight and when this happens some of my devices (TP Link Smart Plug) do not reconnect and I have to reboot the router for them to reconnect. I am using a Plusnet Hub One. I have been with plusnet around a month and this has happened about 6 times. I have switched of 5GHz and change the wireless channels. Just wondering if anyone else has had similar issues. Never had this before with my previous router with another provider. 

1 REPLY 1
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Re: Wifi Drop Outs

Hi @jimbob-jamie,

I'm sorry to hear that you've been experiencing intermittent problems with your wireless connection since moving to us. Thank you for confirming that you have tried switching off the 5GHz wireless band and changing the wireless channel. I've tested your line and the test hasn't picked up any underlying connection problems from here so it appears that the issue lies solely with the wireless signal.

So that we can investigate this further, please can you confirm the firmware version that your router is currently on? You can find this by carrying out the following steps:

1) To connect to your Hub One, you will need to open a browser and go to 192.168.1.254 If you have any issues doing this via Wireless, we recommend trying to do it via Ethernet cable instead.

2) You should come to a page with information about your connection. The software version is listed at the bottom of this page.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team