cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi Booster

Plrd

Wifi Booster

I have a wifi booster that I used with my BT hub. However, now I have a Plusnet router all I get is “No internet connection” when I log into the booster.

Can anyone recommend a wifi booster that will work with my Plusnet Hub 2 router.

Many Thanks, Paul.

3 REPLIES 3
jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

Re: Wifi Booster

I have a basic BT extender which has worked fine for many years with various routers including the HUB 1 and HUB 2. However, I did find that when I recently swapped from the HUB 1 to the HUB 2 that I was getting the "No internet connection" message re the extender. I had chamged the HUB 2 default SSID and wifi password to that previouly used with the HUB 1. After switching extender off and then on again after a few minutes and re-entering the wifi password when again trying to access the internet via the extender on my laptop I got it to work again and it has continued to work properly for several days.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 422

@Plrd Welcome to the Community forums.

It will work with your Hub 2. Reset the extender and set it up using WPS  See https://www.bt.com/help/user-guides/broadband-and-wi-fi-devices/wi-fi-and-home-networking/wi-fi-exte...

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Arffa

Will any of those bt wifi boosters work with my plusnet hub 2? I'm having a problem getting a signal to our kitchen tv, so hopefully a booster will solve the issue.