cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi on 5G Failing

Lwatson

WiFi on 5G Failing

The WiFi is extraordinarily slow on my mobile and the home laptop, it just started a couple of weeks ago and I have ended up using all my data just to do basic things, I looked at threads to fix it got as far as 92.168.1.254 but I have no admin password, there is nothing that says that on my router - please help

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): All caps title/text edited as per Forum rules.
2 REPLIES 2
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: WIFI ON 5G FAILING

@Lwatson  Welcome to the forum.

I assume that you have a Hub One and are following this? 

https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/2-4ghz-and-or-5ghz-best-practice/m-p/1351966#M840.

When you say that you have no admin password do you mean that there’s neither a pull out card or label on the rear of the router, there should be both?

Alternatively is your problem that you haven’t been asked to enter it? If so be aware that you will probably not be asked for it until you try to enter the Advanced Settings.

Edit

An afterthought. You have posted this on the ADSL board. Be aware that standard broadband normally comes with a Hun Zero. These do not have a 5GHz band.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: WIFI ON 5G FAILING

Thanks for getting in touch @Lwatson 

As has been said it doesn't look like you've got a router compatible to use with the 5GHz frequency. Can you try changing the wireless channels by going to http://192.168.1.254 logging in using the admin password from the back of your router?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet