cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi dropping out

Jackieh

WiFi dropping out

My WiFi constantly drops out despite not long having our service reconnected after a fault. This means I can’t FaceTime family as they just can’t hear what I am saying. 

2 REPLIES 2
Omac87

Re: WiFi dropping out

Hi, I’m having the same issue. I’m working from home at the minute and mine is constantly dropping. I have tried to contact plusnet and once they got back to me to say there was no fault. I just moved to plusnet in March and never had connection problems before. Any ideas? I am trying to leave but they do not pick up Twitter mails or email contact.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: WiFi dropping out

Thanks for getting in touch @Jackieh I'm sorry for the problems with your connection. I've tested your line today and the tests aren't showing any issues and we can see your broadband's had no drops in the last 9 days. Can you go through the steps Here to try to improve the wireless signal between your router and your devices?

Let us know if you have further issues.

Thanks for getting in touch @Omac87 Sorry for the issues. I'd recommend creating your own thread in the fibre board as it looks like you've got fibre broadband rather than standard(ADSL) broadband. I've however tested your line today and I can see your router's connected to the internet at a speed of 38mbps with only 1 drop in the last 16 days. 

I believe we provided you with some wireless troubleshooting steps on your support ticket 201512450. I've looked into your router settings and I can see all your devices are connected onto the 2.4GHz frequency. Can you try connecting a few up onto the 5GHz which is the usual network name but ending in 5GHz? Let us know how you get on.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet