cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi-fi question

elkieluca
Grafter

Wi-fi question

I'm going away for a few days and I don't know if I should turn my wi-fi router off or not. Can someone tell me please.
6 REPLIES 6
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Wi-fi question

If it's for a few days, I'd say yes it's worth it. As long as it's off now and then on when you get back I can't see any issues with drops in speed happening.
laptop77
Grafter

Matt.What If you are going away for 15 days as I am from next Thursday.Do I turn It off?
dick:quote
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

yes - also unplug all other unnecessary electrical equipment, including things which are normally on standby such as the television, for safety reasons.
If I was going away for that long the only things which would be left on would be the freezer and the DVD recorder for all the programs SWMBO wants to watch. Even the fridge would be emptied and switched off
elkieluca
Grafter

Thank you Matt and Oldjim.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Quote from: Oldjim
yes - also unplug all other unnecessary electrical equipment, including things which are normally on standby such as the television, for safety reasons.
If I was going away for that long the only things which would be left on would be the freezer and the DVD recorder for all the programs SWMBO wants to watch. Even the fridge would be emptied and switched off

When we went on our holidays, I left the fridge freezer on, but gaffer taped the doors shut so that they wouldn't open, as had happened overnight a couple of times when I hadn't shut the door fully.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@laptop77 - Yes, I think it'd be worth it for any time away that's more than a couple of days really.
@PlusComUK - handy tip, thanks Smiley May well be doing that myself next time my wife and I go away, better than losing a freezer full for sure.