cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why wont they install my broadband ?

dusty762
Dabbler

Can you tell me why you constantly lie to me and constantly fail to deliver me any service?
Can you tell me why despite loads of bull promises you fail to keep your promises of monitoring my installation issues?
Can yout ell me why you have not yet re-funded my monthly payment which you agreed to do 10 days ago ?
I don't expect this post to make it  to forums due to its obvious bias but I'll try anything now....
I'm physically raged ... 3 months to NOT  repair my connection.
4 Dates for repair ignored. Just laughing at us as customers.
No contact at all from anybody telling me why they decided to, once again, to complete screw me over ...
Disgusting liars ... Sad
19 REPLIES 19
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Can you tell me why ?

I'm sorry you feel lied to or misled, that's certainly not our intention.
Apologies also for the unforeseen delays that have delayed the provision of your line.
With regards to the refund this was actioned on the 2nd, as the payment is being returned by direct debit such payments can take around 10 days so I'd imagine that will reach you in the next few days. If the order is delayed any further (which we sincerely hope it isn't we'll refund you again when the order has completed to account for any paid for time in the interim.
We need to chase this up further for you, I'm going to get in touch with one of our provisioning managers to make sure that's dealt with as a matter of urgency today.
I'll make sure someone gets in touch ASAP.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
dusty762
Dabbler

Long story but here goes ...
We were with Plusnet in our old address and I hesitate to say in but it was pretty good. Pretty stable. A bit like a good referee, if you don't notice it then alls good.
Then we moved.
OH MY GOD. Angry
We were told by the house move team that it wasn't a problem. I was assured by his "you'll have a great connection there" comments.
Since then I have been lied to so many times I have lost count.
Plusnet have missed around 8 installation dates going back 4 months. That's 4 months !!!!!!!!
When I ask Plusnet for information as to why my installation is not happening they say they dont know !
They don't actually know why one of their installations is not happening.
I have complained till I'm blue in the face but they just don't give a monkeys.
Sometimes I have received texts saying they are coming in the morning. Then they don't turn up. What has changed between 16:30 when I get a text to 09:00 when they cancel . No answers.
Once they told me due to inclement weather! It was lovely and dry. I did ask if they had actually turned up and looked at the site but again Plusnet did not know.
Every week I get an email from plusnet with delay after delay after delay with absolutely no explanation.
Has anybody got any advice? Did think of emailing the CEO but if he's as poor as the rest of the individuals (had to remove what I first called them), then that wont do me any good.
Suggestions on a postcard (or reply will be fine).
Thanks all.
Crazy
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Why wont they install my broadband ?

You already have topic http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,118151 running which Plusnet have responded to - you shouldn't raise another as it makes it difficult to keep track.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
dusty762
Dabbler

I didn't think I'd ever say this, but, your quite right. I'd forgotten. Hardly surprising since it is taking so long to sort this mess out.
Please ask a moderator to remove that thread and Ill keep this one live.
And too the problem in Hand..... Any information .... Anything at all ? Would be nice to know whats going on !
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

We don't remove them but I have locked it in favour of the original thread
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Hi there,
I've just replied to a couple of your Facebook posts.
It seems to me that things perhaps haven't been communicated as well as they could have been and for that I'm sorry.
It's unacceptable that your install is taking so long however we have our hands tied to a certain degree. None of your installations have been cancelled as such. An order from way back in June is still awaiting completion due to the additional work required before the line can be installed.
Whilst admittedly I haven't been party to everything that's happened over recent months, it looks to me like the line cannot be installed until digging/ducting work has been carried out. This in itself is unusual and is made worse by the fact that the digging needs to take place close to where gas pipes are laid. I believe Openreach are reliant on contractors to carry out some of this work.
The latest date we have been given after escalating your case countless times with Openreach, is that the underground work is to take place on October 4th. Please note that this is requisite work and not necessarily the date your service is going to be installed. The work needs to be completed before we can arrange the actual installation.
We'll continue to refund your costs whilst the situation remains as it is.
I really hope for everybody's sanity that you don't have to wait much longer Undecided

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

This is getting confusing so I have merged the two threads
dusty762
Dabbler

Thanks Jim, very helpful.
Plusnet, this still doesn,t answer the question ...

Why?
There are gas / electricity / water / other lines everywhere.
That isn't a reason.
Why are they not doing it ? You deserve an answer as well as me. It's making you look like a bunch or rank amatuers.
Why do that to yourselves whilst causing distress and inconvenience to your customers ...
Simple question ..... Why is it constantly being deferred?
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Bob has given as much information as we have to hand at the minute, I know we're due to chase this up as work is set to go ahead on the 4th at which time we can ask for more detailed answers.
dusty762
Dabbler

Ask more details questions ????? Are you having a laugh ?

WHY HAVE YOU NOT DONE THAT 2 MONTHS AGO OR 3 MONTHS AGO OR 4MONTHS AGO!
Your ridiculous. I've given you enough time to get this sorted. You failed.
I'll be terminating my contract with you with immediate effect.
I fell very uneasy about this. If there has ever been an issue with a company providing a service in the past its always been possible to resolve any issue.
But PlusNet are ridiculous. I've never seen such incompetence.
What do I need to do to cancel my account?
Sad
RichardB
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 39

Hi I am only another customer like you & I can see that you are now beyond angry but......
PlusNet do not appear to be the root cause of the problem, that would appear to be a lack of a telephone line to your property.
Regardless of telephone provide / ISP (with the exception of Virgin cable & Hull) BT Openreach provide all the telephone lines in the UK - to ALL telephone providers, including SKY & TalkTalk.
Thus, if BT Openretch are having difficulties in supplying you a Telephone line then this will not change when you go to another provider.
It may be better to stick it out with PlusNet as canceling your PlusNet Telephone line order & re-ordering with another provider may push you to the back of the OpenRetch queue?
Richard
dusty762
Dabbler

Richard,
Thanks you for your interest in this post :
Just to clarify, There is a phone line to the property, which when I first applied to PlusNet I was assured was fine .... Hence the "You'll have a great connection there". Since this time a fault has been found which apparently could lead to the line failing at any minute..... Despite the fact that it hasn't and it is fine and works properly.
Secondly, I understand that Open reach do all the ground works. The problem is that I am permanently being lied to about when this work will be completed.
I have had texts from the ground works engineers saying they are coming then they cancel without explination and in many cases lie. Once they claimed "inclement weather" when it was a beautiful day!.
Now I don't get any explanation as to why the work is not being done.
The last post above now states that if they delay again .... they will ask more detailed questions?????? Really? Do they think I am a complete idiot? Why haven't they done this already.
They been through all the, so called , escalation procedures which Openreach laughed at ....
I have no contact with OpenReach. PlusNet are my provider and as such they are responsible. Never mind shirking their responsibility and classic Bart Simpson "it wasn't me" excuse.
Enoughs enough ...
And Virgin will install within the week on the existing fibre optic cable with 10 times the speed.
Urrrm let me think , stay with these clowns or switch ..  No brainer ....
RichardB
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 39

TBH in your situation I would do the same & join Virgin cable.
After 3 months of not providing a service PN should waive any deferred fees triggered by the house move.
Richard
dusty762
Dabbler

Thanks Richard,
Real Shame though, Plusnet used to be ok ish.
Now they are a joke.
Appreciate your interest though.
Mark
dick:quote