cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why won't you take my DD?

markoos
Dabbler

Why won't you take my DD?

I'm writing this from my iPhone so fortunately for you thisis going to be short. Changed bank accounts, set up new direct debit. Got the usual 'hope you're enjoying PN' emails so all looked well. However, at the same time you started to send emails threatening to cut me off. Manually updated my account online to make sure DD was set up. Also made sure DD was set up with my bank. It is, they sent confirmation. You haven't collected, you've sent more emails threatening to cut me off. Raised a ticket, got nowhere other than another demand to pay. I have a letter, 15th jan, from my bank stating they contacted you before 24 November, giving you details of my new account. So have you decided you don't want me as a customer, or what? 
6 REPLIES 6
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Why won't you take my DD?

Prediction: They'll have lost all record and will want you to go through setting up the DD again.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
I've tried calling you but the mobile number we have for you is unrecognised.  Undecided
The issue is that the DD was activated *after* the current outstanding invoice was created, so the payment needs submitting manually. I can do this for you now and reactivate your account if that's ok with you?
markoos
Dabbler

Of course!! I need to be reconnected ASAP, I need to access my bank account online so I can complete my tax return. How long will it take to reinstate?
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Payment has been requested and your account should be back available within the next few minutes.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
markoos
Dabbler

Thanks for looking into it, but I do want to reiterate that I instructed my new bank to set up a new DD for you, which they did. You didn't act on it and you cut me off withoutlooking into it, other than passing me through some automatic termination procedure. Don't you think that at the point of termination that a uk based PN employee can contact the customer to see if this is actually what they want?
Mand
Grafter

Our failed billing team would call you a number of times before we proceed with outright cancellation of the account.
That said, this should have been resolved some time ago, sorry that we didn't do this.