cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why the same monthly charge?

watersideway

Why the same monthly charge?

I've been an Internet Account User for nearly two years now. Why has the monthly subscription not reduced? Plusnet are providing the same basic service (in my case) for the same initial cost. Competition has increased yet there is no customer loyalty incentive to stay with Plusnet. Perhaps they are relying on the hassle factor of switching, if so; that's poor.
2 REPLIES 2
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Re: Why the same monthly charge?

What product are you on?
There are possibly cheaper products available which you can switch to for free so have you considered that? PN will not automatically change your product because that is something you must decide to do.
The actual costs to PN have not changed that much because the BT costs have not changed over the past few years- the BT central costs and per port costs have stayed the same. The reason PN can offer the new products cheaper is they have factored in future price reductions announced already by BT for next year as well as a revision of their product mapping so they don't necessarily have to make a profit on the new products in the early years. BT also have deep pockets!!!
paulby
Grafter

Re: Why the same monthly charge?

What product are you on?  You can switch to one of the new BBYW options at any time and get a new router gratis as well. (£5.99 p+p)
edit: @Peter Vaughan - I must have been typing while you were posting!!