cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is my broadband speed suddenly so slow? (1/20th of normal speed)

KaotiK
Grafter

Re: Why is my broadband speed suddenly so slow? (1/20th of normal speed)

Quote from: Joanne
HI KaotiK,
the reason is that your current SNR is 15dB which is keeping your sync rate down, and consequently the profile (which is 4000K at the moment) Can you tell me if you're using any extension cables/sockets? Do you have a test socket you can plug into?
Jojo Smiley

dont have a test socket no, no extensions, router is plugged straight into the phone socket right next to it. no problems before dont udnerstand why its suddenly now? should i restart my router or something? havent done that in ages
JimiES
Dabbler

ok, my brodband has started to get back to normal, (touch wood)

Download speed achieved during the test was - 1.76 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 0.6 Mbps-7.15 Mbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :3.52 Mbps(DOWN-STREAM), 0.45 Mbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 3 Mbps
line speed is 2mb
SN margin is 21/11.5 (up/down) now.
will everything (such as the line speed, and this downstream dsl connection rate) update itself and eventually find its optimum speed if I just leave everything alone? or do you recommend i do this disconnect procedure every now and then?

Once again thanks for your help.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

The main thing at this moment is stability, no dropping connection (nor Disconnects) leave the modem/router on 24/7 (unless you are going to be away of course and wouldn't want to leave it on - and never say so in a public forum).
Post a full set of stats sometime in the next day or two and we can see how things are going.
Hopefully someone from Plusnet DCT will read this and set your Current Line speed to match your BT IP profile. That will be one improvement.
If the line then appears stable after a few days you could ask for a Line Reset which will fully recover your performance rather than leave it to 20CN Exchange DLM which would take weeks and weeks.