cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why has my connection speed dropped?

buseng12
Grafter

Why has my connection speed dropped?

Since I had fibre installed nearly a fortnight ago my downstream connection (sync) speed was just over 78 Meg. I looked at my router today & see it is down to 74 Meg!  Why have I suddenly lost 4 Meg connection? This is of course affecting my speedtest results.
I sincerely hope it's not going to be an ongoing trend like others seem to get, butter them up with good speeds on initial installation & then start to drop them.
It's bad enough with my massive loss of speed in the evenings (as already reported) without this.
Just looked, my BT Wholesale test  profile has dropped from 77.43 Meg to 73.69 Meg although the Plusnet one is still 78 Meg.
I will be watching this like a hawk.
2 REPLIES 2
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Why has my connection speed dropped?

It's likely that this may have happened due to the same issue that's causing the drop in speed in the evenings so we'll really need to see how things go with that.

I've checked the latest on the fault and it looks like the next stage would be an engineer visit so please drop us an update on ticket 81892611 when you can re your availability.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
buseng12
Grafter

Re: Why has my connection speed dropped?

Will do that, although any idea why an engineer visit may be needed please? I thought it was more of an external issue.