cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why has email from my cgi script/web form stopped? (PN Question 22680699)

Bookman
Grafter

Why has email from my cgi script/web form stopped? (PN Question 22680699)

Hello,
I wonder if someone out there can help on this one? I sent a question to PN on Friday morning but have not had a solution yet. The problem is as follows.
I have a web site with PN for my business. I use two cgi scripts which are on PN's ccgi server. People fill in a form to access a PDF file and the form/cgi script sends their address details to me by email using my username@ccgi.plus.net. I usually get emails from the site every day.
But it has stopped - the last email was 13.49 on 20 August. This is not a result of people going on holiday - my customers are worldwide. I have now been trying the forms myself - they give me access to the file but I don't get the emailed address (although the rest of my incoming email seems OK - but I have had nothing at all from my username @ccgi.plus.net).
The scripts had been working fine and I have not changed anything on the forms or the scripts for weeks, and have not done anything on the cgi server recently - so why have the emails stopped?
As well as losing the contact addresses and therefore not being able to contact the customers, I am also worried about how this has happened - has someone hacked into the server?
7 REPLIES 7
Mand
Grafter

Re: Why has email from my cgi script/web form stopped? (PN Question 22680699)

Hi,
This has been raised as problem 45897 internally, is anyone else seeing an issue?
Mand
Grafter

This has now been raised to a priority 1 problem, and is being investigated by our on call engineer.
You can see the problem on the portal here.
Bookman
Grafter

Mand,
Thanks for the help, especially on a holiday weekend!  Smiley
Mand
Grafter

No problem at all. It better stay sunny tomorrow when I'm off. Smiley
Tony_W
Grafter

Bookman.
This has been discussed and a solution posted in topic:
"Email from PHP forms - no longer received" - last posted to on 23/08/2007, 21:30 by xpher
Please look back in the forum topics (currently page 2).
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Forum thread is here.
Bookman
Grafter

Tony W and Peter Vaughan,
Thanks for the information about the earlier post on the same problem. I am using Perl scripts which I used since the 1990s with my previous ISP and then with PN since about March. The scripts have not been changed, so something changed at PN around 20/21 August.
I raised the ticket and got a response on Friday saying:
"+ INternal + Can we look into this for the customer. The customer stopped receiving messages on the 20th August from the form."
Since then no further direct PN response to the ticket, but the PN response in this thread.
I have not modified my cgi script as described in the other thread - I know nothing about programming and leave well enough alone. Overnight I have begun to receive email from the script again but the messages now have the "From" address username@ptn-ccgi01.plus.net instead of the previous username@ccgi.plus.net. I guess this is a temporary change by PN? At least I am getting the emails.
Thanks for the advice  Smiley