cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does my profile keep changing? Poor service.

ljs007

Why does my profile keep changing? Poor service.

Please can my profile be set manually to stop this poor connection? I usually get a connection speed of around 4-5MB with an SNR of 6 which although not very fast is at least stable.  In the last week my profile has changed twice resulting in unreliable connection and SNR of 3 - I contacted Plus Net support last week and was told the profile would be reset.  Today I'm back to 6.7MB downspeed profile with SNR of 3. 
2 REPLIES 2
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Re: Why does my profile keep changing? Poor service.

Hi Lee,
A warm welcome to the forums.
The metrics you reference are managed by BT's DLM technology.  If it keeps moving to 3dB on a resynch that rather suggests that the DLM thinks your line can do better.  It makes a big change to the usual characteristic of raising SNRM.  HOWEVER, if you are seeing 3dB sometime after a resynch at 6dB that might be indicative of a line problem.  We need more detail than that in your opening post.
Can you please post your full stats - see the speed issues thread for help.
Hopefully when crt pick this up, they might post a radius plot and advise of the line's target SNRM.  That with your stats will provide enough to inform what is required here.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: Why does my profile keep changing? Poor service.

Sorry to hear your having issues.
I can see your connection is dropping and your SNR target is currently 3db.

I've requested your line be set to a 6db target and it should stay that way.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team