Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't Google find my Website Address

MickKi
Grafter

Re: Why can't Google find my Website Address

Quote from: katiesteddies
RE: MickKi
Got  www.holistictherapyforyou.com to point to www.katiesteddies.plus.com By going onto the site I registered the domain with and there they have the options for webforwarding and email forwarding. where you just type the web address or Email Address of where you would like the domain name or Email to Go. (Very Easy But don't yet Know if google likes it.)

Google has probably blacklisted you for duplicate content.

What is a Robots.txt file?????????

Hmm, you haven't read the links I provided above?
talpa
Grafter

Quote from: MickKi
Google has probably blacklisted you for duplicate content.

Doubt it, the .com address doesn't contain any content whatsoever - it's blank other than the FRAMESET pointing at katiesteddies.plus.com
MickKi
Grafter

Well, I said "probably".  If Googlebot decides to read the source of the frame in the frameset, it may trip the duplicate content penalty.
katiesteddies

Now have google finding  www.katiesteddies.plus.com ; but not  www.holistictherapyforyou.com ;   would the robot.txt fix this ?
Or any other ideas

At least I am getting somewhere

Thank you.
talpa
Grafter

Now have google finding   www.katiesteddies.plus.com   but not   www.holistictherapyforyou.com     would the robot.txt fix this ?
Or any other ideas

At least I am getting somewhere

Thank you.

Because of the way your host has "hosted" the .com domain as far as Google is concerned there is NO content on that site - not a single word. If you want Google to find it then you need to get the hosting out properly. I believe one of the PN reps said that this could be hosted by them for free - so I'd investigate that.
MickKi
Grafter

katiesteddies,
Instead of URL redirection, you need to go to your domain hosting control panel and point the holistictherapyforyou.com domain to the PlusNet hosting servers IP addresses.
Do this after PlusNet have set up a new domain for you to host holistictherapyforyou.com, separate to your katiesteddies.plus.com domain name.
If you send a private message to Ian Wild he will advise you how to proceed with this.
I would also recommend that you change the content.  Exact website replicas are not a good idea from a Google perspective - better if content is unique in each domain.
Hope this helps.
katiesteddies

Thank you to everyone
Google now seems to find www.holistictherapyfor.com
will get proper hosting for it as suggested as soon as I make it look  nice, Now I have to do the same for www.aboutbuntingford.co.uk ; which I am using the space www.johnwebber1.plus .com while I test it.
May need your help soon and again
Thank you for all your help with this.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

my first comment is that my max res is 1024 and I cant see all the home page, not something I am used to, normally I dont have any trouble
pierre_pierre
Grafter

second problem  your link to www.holistictherapyfor.com doesnt work you have missed a "you" out
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Following up the point by pierre - you should really design your page around 1024 x 768 resolution as this is by far the most common.
Also your email address is in clear and will be picked up by spam web crawlers. There are a number of methods for obscuring it. I use a combination of javascript with a picture if javascript isn't enabled
pierre_pierre
Grafter

onJims point about the e-mail, you have two other choices to beat the trawlers.
1) use a photo of your e-mails instead of plain script.
2) replace the @ with "at"
Copy of photo for you below
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

I've heard of robot.txt files - but what does http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sitemaps do?

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

pierre_pierre
Grafter

looks like the dead opposite.  Robots.txt are normally used to tell Web Crawlers to go away, Site maps are to tell search engine whats on a lousy designed site, so that they dont have to waste time looking.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Charming - just because I used one  Shocked - a site map when tied in to a Google account gets your site on the list much quicker as you can tell Google that it is there and what to look for
talpa
Grafter

Quote from: pierre_pierre
Site maps are to tell search engine whats on a lousy designed site, so that they dont have to waste time looking.

Hmm, they provide a lot more than that. They provide information about how frequently the webmaster expects pages to change. This allows the spider not too crawl too frequently / slowly in order to be as efficient as possible.
They also allow you to specify a "priority" for each of your pages, telling it how you rate the importance of each of them within your site. This can be used to tailor the results they show to favour the pages you mark as important versus ones you mark as less important.
Nothing to do with "lousy designed" sites thank you very much Wink