cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why am i not able to make a payment online??

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Re: Why am i not able to make a payment online??

So @bobpulen , is there any chance that Plusnet payment system will ever get updated ?
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

I'm sure it will, although even then, I'd be surprised if it introduces the flexibility that's being asked for here Undecided

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

There are two fairly well known conditions under which an account cannot be paid on-line, which makes the reported response from the CS agent mentions in post #13 surprising - one would have hoped that they were more aware!!

If there is no PENDING bill (for whatever reason) payments can only be made over the phone.  Amongst other reasons of why a bill due might not be PENDING is if an extended period of grace for payment has been allowed - in such situations payment can only be made over the phone.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

disgruntled2
Dabbler

Thanks Townman, the 'person' that I referred to was not an agent, it was the recorded message that plays each time you ring Plusnet!

However, that seems to align with what I was told by the CSC Analyst I spoke to when paying my bill over the phone. They thought the problem I had was caused by the fact that my payment method was cheque and that allowed me a 7 day grace period in which to post my cheque to pay my bill. I presume the extra 7 days is an extended grace period and if what you say is true I would have to wit until after the 7 days has passed before I can pay online.

The CSC Analyst has requested that the cheque payment method is removed, which may hopefully resolve the problem.

It all seems a bit convoluted to me though!

Thumbs_Up 

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

@disgruntled2 wrote:

I presume the extra 7 days is an extended grace period and if what you say is true I would have to wit until after the 7 days has passed before I can pay online.

If there is an extended grace period, the payment can ONLY be made over the phone.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

disgruntled2
Dabbler

It will be interesting to see whether I will be able to pay online once (if) the cheque payment method is removed.

Thanks again

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

I doubt it.  I did enquire in detail on this subject - if there is an extended grace period payments MUST be made over the phone.

disgruntled2
Dabbler

But if I have cheque removed as a payment option I presume that I will lose my grace period? The only other thing to do I suppose is find out what the grace period is and attempt to pay once that period has passed!

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

O2 have the best billing system I have used 👍
Pay by debit card online , you can even pay in front before you due day 😎
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
disgruntled2
Dabbler

All of which makes sense! Smiley

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

@disgruntled2 wrote:

But if I have cheque removed as a payment option I presume that I will lose my grace period? The only other thing to do I suppose is find out what the grace period is and attempt to pay once that period has passed!

You wont lose your grace period if the payment method is changed. The grace period is 14 days you can pay it online at that point, however if you arrange an extended grace period then online payment isn't possible.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

When HMRC said I owed them tax - I had to pay by Cheque or Postal Order. Insane in 2017 when you can't pay on-line, bank transfer or on the phone with a debit card, etc. So luckily I found my cheque book, and posted them a cheque. Postal Orders you have to pay for - I can't remember the last time I had to post a cheque Crazy2 Luckily it was not a massive amount.

Few months later I get a letter saying I was owed tax. I had to apply for it on-line, and trust me it being a four figure amount, I don't suppose any of us would hang around getting that issue sorted Tongue

Suppose I should feel lucky it wasn't the other way round, get small amount back and told I owe a much larger amount. Shouldn't tempt fate by saying that.

Still the top section of my cheque book (nearly at the end of it now), dates from 2001 - so it has lasted me a while.

disgruntled2
Dabbler

I have never arranged or asked for an extended grace period so if removing the payment by cheque option doesn't affect the grace period why can I not pay online?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

We can't remove the cheque payment option if there are no other active payment details on the account.

The next time your bill date comes around and you try to pay online. Can you go to www.plus.net/pay and send us a screenshot via PM of what you see when you try to pay?

Thanks

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
disgruntled2
Dabbler

My bill is due today ... tried to pay as you suggested and got the same message that I always get ..

Error

Sorry, An error occurred whilst processing your request.

The error has been recorded and our website team will investigate. Please try again later.

I really wish someone can sort this out ... I now usually give up and contact you to pay by phone. I won't this time until you can look into it for me and hopefully figure out the problem

Thanks