Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who decided to cap my upstream then

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Who decided to cap my upstream then

Came down this morning to find that there had been a resync early this morning and my upstream is now 440kbps when it has been 888kbps for ages
Please fix it
11 REPLIES 11
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Who decided to cap my upstream then

Sorry about that Jim, from the look of it the 'supplier product' set on your account was still showing as 448 upload, so when Annex M was removed, it's automatically moved you back to that. I've corrected it and am placing an order to uncap the upload tomorrow.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Drinking session in brewery springs to mind
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Grin Grin Grin
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Leave 'em alone, they're under a lot of pressure Sad
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
syates
Grafter

Yet it still takes 6 minutes to respond to a forum moderator whilst I've been waiting since Saturday for any reply to my line speed being messed up.... hmm
Chris
Legend

Nothing to do with him being a moderator! I just saw this thread before I dug around the rest of the forums.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Probably comes of having a very specific thread title which caught the attention
syates
Grafter

So "Who decided to cap my upstream then?" is more specific than "Line speed dropped dramatically today" ?  Maybe I need to point the finger of blame more often then.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Mine was highly specific and yours could be any number of things
In fact your title wasn't even accurate - your line speed hadn't dropped dramatically it was the Plusnet profile which hadn't caught up
However this isn't getting anyone anywhere - Perhaps I was just lucky as there have been quite a few occasions where I also had to wait several days before a response
Chris
Legend

With the low number of us that reply on the forums, we're not always going to reply to every post in the exact order they are created. Some threads will be picked up quicker as we might already know the background to it so is a quick response too.
syates
Grafter

Quote from: Oldjim
Mine was highly specific and yours could be any number of things
In fact your title wasn't even accurate - your line speed hadn't dropped dramatically it was the Plusnet profile which hadn't caught up
However this isn't getting anyone anywhere - Perhaps I was just lucky as there have been quite a few occasions where I also had to wait several days before a response

Actually it was accurate... my line speed WAS 4500 kbps, it dropped to 1250 kbps.  The Plusnet Profile had not caught up because somebody in plusnet changed it to 1250 last Friday! (as you would have seen if you had read the post).  Thankfully Plusnet have rectified their mistake now by resetting it back to 4500 but we have still had a weekend of crap speeds with none of the 24/7 support, due to a mess up by Plusnet.
Anyway, I've got better things to do than argue with you. Trying to get Plusnet to provide me with "Fast, Cheap, Reliable Broadband" already takes up far too much of my time as it is.