cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whitelist issue

Denzil
Grafter

Whitelist issue

I have added a whole domain to the whitelist, in the form domain.org.uk. this is according to the instructions above the whitelist box.
You can only enter full email or domain addresses. (eg. test@test.com or test.com)

However, I find some emails from individual addresses i.e. address@domain.org.uk are ending up in the spam folder. Surely whitelisting the whole domain should mean anything from that domain ends up straight in my inbox?
6 REPLIES 6
ddunford
Grafter

Re: Whitelist issue

Denzil,
I notice you have more than one domain name on your account. Make sure you have white listed the domains/email addresses for all of your domains, if someone sends an email to the domain name that doesn't have the white listing added, then they will be marked as spam (if postini see the email as spam).
Denzil
Grafter

Thanks, Dan, but I don't get any email addressed to the .co.uk domain, only to x@username.plus.com.
ddunford
Grafter

Ok, are you able to provide the headers of the emails you received which were tagged as spam?
Denzil
Grafter

I have just sent you a PM with headers from two emails.
Denzil
Grafter

Thanks Dan for your PM. That seems to explain it.
For everyone else's benefit, I am forwarded emails from a number of addresses at a charity domain. Evidently when members of the public write to these addresses the original 'from' address is preserved when it gets to me and this is what Postini sees. Not much point whitelisting that domain then!
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

If Postini is looking at the original from address, it's about time it started working properly. I am reserving my view on Postini at this point, now doubt it is of great benefit to a lot of users, but false postives are the biggest problem as far as I'm concerned. When I've finished looking at the vast amount of data (or get fed up) I'll post my findings/views in the postini thread.