Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which wireless router comes with BBYW option 2

mikeyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Which wireless router comes with BBYW option 2

I have just made my first referral migrating my wife's silver surfing grandmother from AOL
In preparation for the arrival of her hardware, which free 1 port wireless router are plusnet currently shipping?  I am hoping it will be a voyager 2091 but if not I need to do some research so I can talk her through connecting and entering her username. (She is 300 miles away)
Also, does the signup process validate the MAC code?  She was unsure if the 0's were o's etc
Thanks,
Mike 
4 REPLIES 4
Emma
Grafter

Re: Which wireless router comes with BBYW option 2

Hi there and welcome to the forums,
The router will be a BT Voyager 2091, and as for validating the MAC key it won't do that however the format is (for example) LLLL1111111/LL11L so 4 letters some numbers / 2 letters 2 numbers 1 letter.
So if you think its been entered incorrectly its not a problem, we'll pick up on it and no doubt make a call. However if you wanted to confirm it with someone the number is 01142965198 and someone is there 24/7/365  Smiley
I hope this helps!
Emma
mikeyd
Rising Star

Thanks Emma, that does help, and is good news indeed.  The MAC code entered matches the pattern you posted, and the router is the same as we have, so I should be able to talk her through putting in her username/password once her line is activated.
Next query (sorry),  When I signed up there was a problem with router delivery but it wasn't a problem to me as I was only on dial-up before so I never even noticed when the line was broadband enabled. 
In my referrals case I assume that at some point her existing (AOL) B/B connection will just go down and that is when she needs to swap out her router.  Currently she has no dial-up line connected to her computer so can not easily fall back on dial-up without help, so please would you mind checking the router will definitely be delivered before the line is switched, or if not let us know. 
Your new customer is very able but a bit hard of hearing and I just want to make sure it all goes as easily as possible for her.  You will be able to get the username from my account referrals details.
Thanks,
Mike.
paulby
Grafter

You should be able to change the username and password in her current router and connect to PN using that if the new router hasn't arrived in time - that's assumung that it's not "locked" to AOL.
Basically, if you can get into her current router's configuration, just change the AOL username and password for the PN ones and you should be able to connect .
mikeyd
Rising Star

Many thanks for your reply.  I do know how it all works.     
There isn't any problem currently, I'm just trying to avoid any.

We recently visited the new customer, (I'm in Cumbria ,  She is in the South West) .  She was having trouble with AOL, most of which was due to AOL software so we decided changing to a provider which doesn't need proprietary software.     
It's good to know there are people about if I need help.
Mike.