Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which router

Mal08
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Which router

Has there been a survey or the like on which router members use and qwhat they think of them ?
I'm on a Netgear DG834 - v2 - which has been just fine, easy to setup, use, and change ISP on. So when I migrated here I selected no hardware option.

4 REPLIES 4
Denzil
Grafter

Re: Which router

There was a thread on this very subject not very long ago, but can't find it right now. I think the Netgears were the most popular, with Speedtouch and various others also working well.
Mark
Grafter

Hi Mal.
I don't remember such a poll / survey in all the years of these forums, although I'm getting close to senility so I may have forgotten Smiley (There have certainly been some done elsewhere over the years).
I reckon that the Netgear 834 series would feature heavily in a poll of that nature on these boards. They have always proved popular with the community and I couldn't disagree with anyone recommending them. I'd guess the Voyager kit would also have to rank highly if for no other reason than it was the cpe we supplied for some time.
I you or someone else did run a poll along those lines I reckon it would be one of the more useful polls we'd have seen for a while Wink
Edit. There you go. Denzil has just proved that my memory's flagging Smiley

Mal08
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Thanks - I think it would be useful for newbies - before they sign up, especially as getting "free" router from PN effectively ties you in for a number of months - or get charged for the hardware if you cancel.
I know some of us low to hate the large PC superstore - but it carries a fair range - and many Netgear models.
Personally - the reason I bought Netgear was because of recommendations from IT department.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Quote from: Mark
I reckon that the Netgear 834 series would feature heavily in a poll of that nature on these boards. They have always proved popular with the community and I couldn't disagree with anyone recommending them. I'd guess the Voyager kit would also have to rank highly if for no other reason than it was the cpe we supplied for some time.

(gets his drum out to pang) apart from the DG834PN that is... I'm using a BT 2700HGV at the moment as a replacement for it and am much happier with it than the PN.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'