Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which router has... [HELP APPRECIATED]

NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Which router has... [HELP APPRECIATED]

I am looking to expanding my network for guests.  Which router has a landing page where guests have to accept T&Cs etc... Or get a one off pass code from the system admin (me) to use Internet.
I was in my mother in laws house other day and I found a ssid unprotected as my in laws don't have Internet. I connected to that ssid and it was belkin.  You had to retrieve a pass code. But was unable to identify what model belkin it was.
Jamie
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
4 REPLIES 4
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: Which router has... [HELP APPRECIATED]

This http://www.coova.org/CoovaAP should do what you require.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

I don't want to folk out a substantial amount of money for a guest router. Perhaps something inbetween 0-20 pounds.
If I get a DD-WRT router firmware will be able to have a login page?
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why don't you flash one of those extra SamKnows routers you kept going on about a few months ago ?
They would make amazing guest access points !  Wink
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

did I not tell u that samknows found out and wanted the extra ones back?
I have got a netgear WNR1000 V2 spare but its not DD-WRT compatible.