cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Product is best for me?

Ashworth
Dabbler

Which Product is best for me?

I am currently on PAYG at £14.99 per month but I only get 2GB included in this price. I have been on this now for a number of years and I have never had any problems. The advantages of PAYG being that there are no restrictions. The 2GB limit has never been too much of a problem as I have only generally been a very light user. However, I am increasingly finding that i am coming very close to the 2GB and I am having to restrict my use on the last few days of each monthly period.
My main uses are email, general internet use, a very limited amount of downloading and very occasional small amounts of p2p.
I am considering changing to Option 2 at the same price of £14,99 per month but with 15GB included. Would I notice a big reduction in speed?
My p2p use is very limited and I would be able to keep it to after midnight and mornings.
I need to get this right because as PAYG is no longer available there would be no going back if I found that I had made a big mistake!
3 REPLIES 3
Be3G
Grafter

Re: Which Product is best for me?

I too used to be a PAYG user and I find that BBYW2 is acceptable. You'll notice no problems with e-mails or browsing the internet including sites such as YouTube. However, downloading things, be they from, say, iTunes, or more important stuff like Windows Updates, will be throttled quite noticeably during peak hours - it's not uncommon for me to only get 1Mb/s for things like that. If this doesn't bother you then by all means go for BBYW2. Alternatively, you could stay on PAYG but just change the included monthly allowance; an extra 2GB costs £1.50, or £1.80 if you don't change your included allowance so pay for the extra in arrears instead. Finally, it's worth mentioning that if you do switch products but decide within a small period of time (something like a week) that it's not suitable, someone from the Comms Team at PN should be able to move you back to PAYG if you ask nicely.
James
Grafter

Hi Ashworth,
I certainly think that it sounds like a good option to move to Option 2.
If it doesn't work out for you, I'll be happy to move you back to PAYG.
Ashworth
Dabbler

Thanks I will give it a try especially if there is the possibility of moving back to PAYG if i am not happy with it.
It has been the not being able to move back that has been putting me off making the decision for months.