Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Face Plate

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Which Face Plate

Put your phone number in the BT Wholesale checker it will give you an idea of what Fibre speeds you may achieve. It'll tell you the Cabinet number, which if you don't already know, you can look for it and may know where the Fibre Cab is from that. If you post any of the Output from that, don't post your phone number!
AWB70
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Attached my current stats and exchange check. Looks like it's temporarily down!
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Well the speedtest obviously shows an improvement Wink
The FTTC availability doesn't mean it's down btw, it just means all the ports are full and they need to add some more capacity (cards) to the Cab which should be on line by the date given.
AWB70
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Yeah, definite improvement. Previously I've live with a stable 3.7meg sometimes I could get 4 if I rebooted the router early morning but I couldn't hold on to it.
Just shows how much and old box with furring on the contacts and degraded copper can bring down the speed. I would say the last few inch of the line was about shot. Was black and brittle and snapped soon as you looked at it. Getting back to some fresh copper was a good move with the bonus of not having to run cable under my last step.