cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where's my emails gone?

Dansco

Where's my emails gone?

I understand that there are problems with email here but I haven't had an email for a day and a half  Undecided I've read the service status and posts here and nothing about no emails I can find.
I have important emails that I know have been sent so please help  Cry
20 REPLIES 20
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Where's my emails gone?

Checking your account you have 3 mailboxes set up, with a number of redirects/aliases. One of your mailboxes has 3 emails waiting, one is empty and the other has 172 dating back to December. Have you tried sending an email to yourself and seeing if it bounces?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Dansco

I've removed the re-directs incase they are causing the problem but the email I'm missing is from mail@...
Sent a test email and its gone Sad
Chris
Legend

I'm having a look at this now, is it email to your domain address or to your username.plus.com address that are missing?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend

I've tried giving things a kick from here, can you wait a couple of hours and try again? I'll check back in the morning and make sure all is well.
Dansco

Quote from: Chris
I'm having a look at this now, is it email to your domain address or to your username.plus.com address that are missing?

I don't use the plus.com bit, I always use the domain name mate. Thanx and will check in a few hours. Wink
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Your domain and @username.plus.com mailboxes are one and the same. fred@domain.com goes to your fred@username.plus.com mailbox (if you created one) or your default mailbox if not.
madbanana
Grafter

I seem to have the same issue, little or no email since Thursday/Friday.  I've raised a ticket in the hopes it's something simple and not another 'lost mail' episode.
pengyou
Grafter

I seem to have a similar problem too. I have a Free-Online account and two hosted domains. Spam is getting through OK but legitimate email is not arriving. I have spam filtering turned off and edge protection turned on.
Tried sending some test messages - ones using my domain do not get through, they just disappear with no bounces or rejection messages but test messages from the same account to my Free-Online account get through.
Spam has no problem getting into my inbox using the same address as the test messages which disappeared without trace.
Raised a ticket but have not had any response yet, not even the initial email acknowledgement!
Chris
Legend

Thanks for the examples all, I've raised a P1 on this problem. You can track it here:-
Proble 51013 and I'll get it added to the first page of the Postini thread here.
Dansco

Finally this morning I had a stack of emails arrive in my catchall box, which is great but not in the mail box it was supposed to be in Sad At least I have email again but it would be nice if it worked Wink
colintivy
Rising Star

Missing emails. See Dansco.

Hi
I have had some emails not appear in my Inbox too. What I have discovered is that the header of emails that I have sent actually does not use the only address that I have but replaces the first part with my username. The address is properly shown in thhe Manage email file. Is there any other method of curing this? It is known to have consued some correspondents.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Missing emails. See Dansco.

You should put your posting onto the thread you must be replying to not as a new thread - Forum rules i.e. by clicking the reply tab at the bottom of the post
colintivy
Rising Star

Hi,
I have also been missing emails. I have found that the from line in outgoing emails does not contain my only email address but inserts my username. This has fooled some correspondents who have tried to use the header despitehaving the correct address in the text of emails to them having aquired it. Can I do anything to ensure that the header is right? The Manage my email text is correct.
Not applicable

Re: Missing emails. See Dansco.

Merged into ongoing thread. Wink