cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is my router?

Snowdog

Where is my router?

I'm a little concerned that I am due to have an engineer visit tomorrow to upgrade me to fibre, and I haven't received my router yet?
Can you put my mind at rest please?
Thanks
Andy
4 REPLIES 4
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Where is my router?

Hi there, the engineer is still due to attend this morning, hope he's there soon if not already.
I'm afraid the router's only just been ordered for you, really sorry about that. In the mean time this will help you get a connection by plugging the PC directly into the Openreach modem that the engineer will bring:
http://community.plus.net/library/broadband/fibre-help-how-to-set-up-a-pppoe-dialler-in-vistawindows...
Hope that helps, and really sorry about the delay on the router.
Snowdog

Thanks for that. The engineer couldn't get a connection once he had switched the line at the cabinet, so we are waiting for BT to sort that out now. At least he was able to put us back onto ADSL rather than leaving us without any connection at all.
Andy
chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

the engineer was from BT, surprised he wasn't able to fix it himself considering he does the cabinet work to connect it.
Snowdog

He said he wasn't from BT...he hadn't done any of the recent upgrade work. I think he worked for a subcontractor called Kelly?

Anyway, the router arrived this morning, so thanks Matt!
Andy