Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is my Router ?

Not applicable

Re: Where is my Router ?

Quote from: geewizz
being rude to staff is uncalled for.

Agreed - especially when they are actively trying to sort the situation out.
Makes you wonder why they try so hard though when they get so little in the way of thanks.
philipr06
Grafter

Thanks for your remarks.
I can appreciate what you are saying and perhaps you are correct.
I run a small business and certainly would have no customers left if
it took this amount of time to resolve a fault.
I appreciate the help James has given BUT I still have no service
Not applicable

In recognising that he's trying his best to help, you may want to review some of your earlier responses to him and his colleagues.
Then ask yourself if you would still be trying your damnedest to help one of *your* customers if they spoke to you in a similar way.
They are human beings too, and they appear to be working hard to get your issue resolved - is a little restraint and good manners too much to hope for these days?
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

As you run a business surely you would expect your customers to cut you some slack if the issue was not caused by yourself but a 3rd Party?
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
geewizz
Grafter

I run a small business too, so I can sympathise with you. I don't know about you but if a supplier can't get the materials I need for a job then I just have to apologise to the customer and wait. I keep the customer updated with any information I get passed to me and I can do no more than that. I think this is the same sort of situation Plusnet have here. BT provide the connection and they can't do much more than badger BT for the fault to be fixed, giving them all the attention and information that they can.
I really do feel for you because these are quite extraordinay circumstances that you have encountered and all you want is the service you have paid for. (By the way, I'm sure that you will get a whole free month. One of the comms team will sort that out with billing.)
philipr06
Grafter

appreciate your comments geewhiz but don't forget that BT owns PlusNet or am I not mistaken ?
Sorry but the router order or non order really sticks in my craw
nadger
Rising Star

There are numerous divisions of BT - Plusnet are still at the mercy of BT Wholesale as are most other ISPs.
geewizz
Grafter

Yeah, the router cockup was a bad cockup which hopefully will have been just a glitch caused by the change of supplier. That still doesn't let Plusnet off the hook for that one but they have promised compensation for it.
I'll let someone else find the BTOpenreach/Wholesale/Plusnet link.
James
Grafter

For what it's worth, I've passed your fault back to BT twice in the last 90 minutes.
They seem inclined to blame your router configuration rather than pay any attention to the information that I've been giving them.
James
Grafter

And latest update
15 - As you requested further investigation the next course of action is to call BTW to arrange an appointment for an Openreach Engineer to investigate.
philipr06
Grafter

Thanks James
Don't think it is config as we have reconfigured at least twice over the phone.
Any idea of what timescales BTW work to ?
James
Grafter

Hi Philip,
I'm pretty certain that it's not a configuration issue.
I hope I should have a further update tomorrow, but I'll check just before I leave tonight.
zubel
Community Veteran

Quote from: Jameseh
And latest update
15 - As you requested further investigation the next course of action is to call BTW to arrange an appointment for an Openreach Engineer to investigate.

Crikey - which strings did you pull there James?  Normally you have to fight the fight for a few days to get that  Grin
B.
James
Grafter

Philip,
I've spent the last 15 minutes or so on the phone to BT.
I've let your wife know, but basically they've now tasked an engineer to go out to your exchange and fix what we believe to be the problem.  hopefully we'll have a further update tomorrow.
philipr06
Grafter

thanks james