cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is my Router ?

philipr06
Grafter

Where is my Router ?

Went live with plusnet on friday but have still not received router so cannot use broadband service.
Have been told by support on 2 occasions that the order was STUCK but now released and should receive in 2 days.
Still no router !
Support have stopped actioning my tickets.
Anyone else with similar problems ?
Totally disgusted with PlusNet
69 REPLIES 69
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Re: Where is my Router ?

I'm sure a friendly comms bod will move your billing date to whenever you receive your router, so you wont be out of pocket.  I believe there was a little system problem last week, which stopped orders being sent out when they should have been.
Phil

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

James
Grafter

Hi philipr06,
I'm very sorry about the delays that you've had receiving your router.  Hopefully the new one should be with in a couple of days.
We've recently changed our supplier and we've had a couple of teething problems which should now be ironed out.
Once you've received your router, give me a shout and I'll arrange for a discount to be applied to your next bill so that you're not out of pocket.
philipr06
Grafter

James
You have been telling me this since last thursday.
On 2 occasions PlusNet have said router will be with me in 2 days.
A week has now passed and still no router.
Can someone please give me a definate delivery date for my router
or is this too much to ask.
I run a business and if I treated my customers like this I woul;d be on the dole !
Await your reply
philipr06
Grafter

"Hopefully the new one should be with in a couple of days."
This cuts no ice with me !!
Please give me an order number and tracking number for the router
as I believe you are just stringing me along.

James
Grafter

Hi Philip,
I don't have an order reference number for you yet, as we're awaiting on our supplier to send out the router.  It's been in a state of "awaiting processing" for 18 Hours, 37 Minutes and 16 Seconds.  It normally takes about 24 hours for the warehouse to send out the router, at which point we get a tracking reference.
I'm not stringing you along as I'd certainly lose my job for doing so!
philipr06
Grafter

Never heard of a good old phone call to the warehouse to release
the order. Surely in these circumstances you can do something
to help your customer who ultimately pays your wages.
So you are now telling me that the router has not shipped yet ?
You told me on thursday that it had and again on tuesday !!
Who is lying - PlusNet or me
Please do something
James
Grafter

Hiya,
Basically, for whatever reason, we had to reorder the router when you were spoken to yesterday.
A call to the warehouse won't get any movement as your current router is not in delay (appreciate it is for you, but the specific order to our warehouse is not).
I'm certainly not saying you're lying, I'd just ask you to trust in what I'm saying that I am most certainly not lying to you.
philipr06
Grafter

Why was I told on 2 occasions that the router had shipped when in fact it had not ?Huh
Simple question requiring simple answer !
James
Grafter

I honestly don't know.
philipr06
Grafter

Find out then - check the support tickets.
I await solid confirmation that the router has shipped
and an apology from senior support staff regarding this matter.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi there,
I've just tried to give you a call to discuss this, I left a message with the lady I spoke to. Basically the warehouse are processing your order, I'm going to keep hold of  your account details and check this periodically to make sure there are no further delays. I've also applied a discount (which I've detailed in a ticket) to cover the downtime and the inconvenience.
Once again, sorry that this mess occurred but we'll get it sorted asap.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Your router has been dispatched and I've updated your ticket with the tracking reference.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
puddy
Grafter

Could plusnet setup a system like Amazon has i.e. a automated tracking system so the customer can see the status of the order and when it’s on the couriers van for delivery?

puddy
Not applicable

If you check out the member centre, you should see the tracking number against the hardware order once its despatched.
I suspect Chris added it to the ticket as a courtesy to ensure that the OP got to see it the easiest way.