cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is Usenet in traffic management

Shermo

Where is Usenet in traffic management

I've seen a sharp decline in usenet speed over the past few months from a constant 9.2mb to flucating 1.5mb to between 4-5mb, thought it might of been provider but happened to all 3 i have tried.
Also, why doesn't Plusnet Extra Fibre automatically change to unlimited? same price and all
5 REPLIES 5
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Where is Usenet in traffic management

First question - as it in bronze  it shouldn't have changed
Second question - because it starts a new 18 month contract
Third question (not actually asked) - why does it start a new contract - I don't know
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I don't think someone that had had Plusnet fibre for 17 months would be happy about being automatically being put on to a new 18 month contract!
Edit: I was typing as Jim posted
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Shermo

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you. on that link
thought that's what the case was, think im around 3 mths through mine so probably worth doing. But still a bit naughty doing a new contract
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

A mucked up the first answer - now corrected - it is in bronze queue
However this post http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,110277.0.html indicates that something has changed but I don't know what
Estragon
Rising Star

The philosophy, (shared by many ISPs), is you were happy with what yoi signed up for at the price. Now there is something better you can upgrade for free, rather than paying the "new customer" setup fee, but you start a new contract. Or you can stay as you are.
I'm not saying I agree with that approach, but you can see the bean-counter logic. This sort of thing isn't uncommon. I am 11 months into my 18, and have upgraded to start for month 12, starting a new 18 months.