cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where has squirrelmail gone?

jmd
Grafter

Where has squirrelmail gone?

Is anybody else having problems accessing squirrel mail - I keep getting a message this evening saying website does not exist?
or I get a completely blank white page?
9 REPLIES 9
ChemicalBrother
Grafter

Re: Where has squirrelmail gone?

Just gone to the webmail page this second and it loads fine for me.
Perhaps a reboot of your router/modem/pc might do the trick to start with...
Hallstean
Dabbler

I've been trying to read unread messages on Squirrel Mail this evening and I just get blank pages with the word 'Done' at the bottom left hand corner of the screen. I can't read any that I've already read nor can I read any that I have sent. Something wrong somewhere.
ChemicalBrother
Grafter

it's also worth clearing out your temporary internet files and cookies to see that helps too..
jnwright
Grafter

I've not had any trouble at all, but there is a Service Status message.
jmd
Grafter

Thanks for highlighting service status.
I clear out internet files regularly and clear cookies daily if I have been doing a lot of surfing.  I cannot see how that affect the webmail though in any case!
I also tidy up the webmail every few days too - making sure nothing is in spam folder etc.
Have just tried twice again and still cannot connect.  Then I tried again and have removed stuff to "trash" but then screen froze on me when I clicked "purge".  Cannot as yet get back in to see if it has purged!
Hallstean
Dabbler

How do you clear out unwanted temporary internet files and cookies, please? I'm a novice and don't know what this means!
jmd
Grafter

I only retain internet pages 5 days - you can alter that by going into "Tools" on Internet Explorer and under general tab it has settings - you can change number of days - do not delete cookies though that way as some are required.
Cookies - not sure what you do on Vista but on XP I go to "My computer", then "Hard disk drive", then "Documents and settings" then "cookies".
I then manually delete anything that is not one that I need - eg I need the bank cookies for internet banking, I need plusnet ones for accessing memeber centre etc and others that I know such as amazon, bbc.  Cookies that say advertising or tradedoubler or have numbers I delete for example.
Do not though delete any plusnet/force9 ones.
When I have deleted them I empty the re-cycle bin.
jnwright
Grafter

There's a 2 page thread on webmail problems running at the moment at http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,59626.0.html
It's probably worth reading that.  It might be worthwhile if a moderator merged this thread to it?
jmd
Grafter

Well, I still cannot access webmail - so am giving up for night!