cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When your internet doesn't work, how do you stay in touch with Plusnet updating you

Deefor
Dabbler

When your internet doesn't work, how do you stay in touch with Plusnet updating you

So my internet isn't working, after it had been very very slow, it finally stopped altogether. I recollected that you are meant to connect using a cable rather than wifi and  a few other test  things before reporting it as a fault,  but as I have no internet and my mobile phone signal is so low I can't get data at home.. how do you see the Plusnet broadband fault checker pages, and report issues if no access to the internet???

I had to resort to printing them off at work so have now reported the fault  and my account says an engineer will look at it, but without any access to the internet over the next few days, I will I know if there has been any update added to my account ? 

8 REPLIES 8
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: When your internet doesn't work, how do you stay in touch with Plusnet updating you

Hi there,

This is something that we are happy to go through with you over the phone.

I can see that in your circumstance, a fault has been raised. I've got my colleague checking over your case now, and they should be updating you shortly.

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
danielmclean
Grafter

Re: When your internet doesn't work, how do you stay in touch with Plusnet updating you

you mite just waste up to 45 minutes for a answer then be told there still testing 

Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

danielmclean
Grafter

the texts are useless and normally point you to the site to check 

Cagney1994
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

OP, any updates from PN?

Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

"you mite just waste up to 45 minutes for a answer "_ on the other hand it might well get answered quicker,

and your problem discussed/ resolution started.

Deefor
Dabbler

I have had on going messages from PN but on my account, which fortunately I can get onto at work ( surreptitiously!). Although i had though they would text me with updates I didn't get any. I did eventually speak to someone on the phone too but it was a bit of a wait. 

I am back on line at home, but in all honesty it seems to a non tech person like myself that the fix was....turn it all of.. wait and then turn it on again.. they say they have done resets on the line I think

the only thing I noticed from  info provided was PPP was not working

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

It did take a little more on our side than factory resetting your router on this occasion. Glad to hear that we got you online in the end though.

Matty

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet