Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will router be sent?

Harro
Grafter

When will router be sent?

Hi
I get my Fibre installed on Monday but the View order status for the router still says Hardware dispatch pending
The order has not yet been placed
Isnt this cutting it a bit close because even if its posted tomorrow, it cant get there till monday at least and the engineer is booked for 8:00 - 13:00
Not that bothered because hopefully the engineer will use the router I have which is fibre enabled anyway.
Thanks
Keith  Crazy
12 REPLIES 12
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: When will router be sent?

Hi Keith,
Firstly welcome to Plusnet and our community forums.
Your router has been dispatched today and it should have been dispatched prior to this, unfortunately a system error prevented this.
You'll be able to use router either way, and if you haven't received our router you can always create a PPPoE if needed.
Let me know how you get on with your install.
Chris
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Keith, If you wish to use your own router, you can find the details for the connection settings here http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/hardware/broadband-connection-settings.shtml

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Harro
Grafter

@Chrispurvey  Thanks Chris, Much appreciated, Cant wait to be on Plusnet Fibre  Cheesy
@MisterW  Thanks for that, No doubt ill play with the settings no matter what Smiley
Harro
Grafter

Hi
I got fibre installed today but still not got router so engineer couldnt test connection.  The dsl light on the modem is solid green so thats a good start, but cant work out how to connect router I have and the direct connection to the pc from modem isnt working.  Sad
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

but cant work out how to connect router I have

What make/model router do you have?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Harro
Grafter

netgear dgnd3700v2
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Ok, connect the WAN ( black ) port on the DGND3700 to the modem ( LAN1 ) port with an Ethernet Cable. Then try the setup wizard on the DGND3700 and it SHOULD autodetect the connection and ask you for your username/password. If that doesnt work then go to the WAN setup page on the router ( manual page 46 ) and change the WAN preference to 'must use Ethernet WAN'

Harro
Grafter

Didnt work. just keeps saying username and pass are incorrect. but I did just get a text off my previous isp saying my internet had been suspended. so maybe plusnet are doing something?  order status page still says current progress is on activating the line though.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Maybe your account isn't quite active yet, although with a Fibre install it's usually done in time for the actual install. Hopefully one of the Digital Care Team will be along shortly to confirm...
edit: looks like Adam's replied to your other thread here http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,114482.0/topicseen.html

Harro
Grafter

Thanks for all your help MisterW, Apparently it wasnt activated this morning but Adam has sorted it Smiley and its a good speed to Cheesy
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

No problem. Smiley
That looks pretty good, you must be quite close to the cabinet.

Harro
Grafter

Its in the next street  Cool