cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will I get Fibre plus cheeky Talk Talk poachers!

Damian78
Grafter

When will I get Fibre plus cheeky Talk Talk poachers!

Hi guys,
New to the forums and really really want to get Fibre Optic. According to BT Openreach my area are Accepting Orders (AO) but whenever I put my phone number and post code in I cannot get fibre. I've tried to flag down Open Reach engineers when I see them and was told they have no set schedule and that if saying AO I should be able to get it now. Just under a mile away in the same town my folks can get Fibre and for at least 4 months too.
I foolishly checked other providers and got a random call on Sunday from Talk Talk who said they would better PlusNet deal and can switch to Fibre as soon as it's available. They also reckoned they could get me an extra 1 meg to 4 meg a second from one of their Engineers visiting. With all this I said yeah......then I did some research. Now waiting to cancel with them.
So 1) I assume if I cancel my Talk Talk switch over my PlusNet deal will remain the same? 2) Is there anyway or eeking out a bit more speed (we live on a new housing estate and can see the green box from my house and router is by the Master Socket) 3) Where can I find out if/when my cabinet will be updated?Huh
13 REPLIES 13
thomasjc1
Grafter

Re: When will I get Fibre plus cheeky Talk Talk poachers!

What happens if you put your postcode into this site
http://fttc-check.alc.im/
joncooper
Grafter

My exchange were "Accepting Orders (AO)" for a full year before my Cabinet was FTTC enabled
For me, the exchange covers the whole town
you might get more information checking here~
http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/ADSLChecker.TelephoneNumberOutput
Damian78
Grafter

Thanks for the replies.
The first site said it didn't recognise my postcode or my parents which is fibre enabled.
Second came up with this for my phone number

BT BROADBAND AVAILABILITY CHECKER

Telephone Number 0125387**** on Exchange FLEETWOOD is served by Cabinet 38

Available Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

Availability Date

Featured Products

WBC ADSL 2+ Up to 6 -- 5 to 7 Available
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex M Up to 6 Up to 1 5 to 7 Available
ADSL Max Up to 4 -- 3 to 7 Available
WBC Fixed Rate  2  -- -- Available
Fixed Rate  2  -- -- Available

For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (FTTC) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage. Throughput/download speeds will be less than line rates and can be affected by a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.
The Stop Sale date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2012; the Formal Retirement date for Datastream is from 30-Nov-2013. The Stop Sale date for IPstream is from 30-Nov-2012; the Formal Retirement date for IPstream is from 30-Nov-2013.
If the End User wishes to migrate from their current Broadband supplier they will need to contact them in the first instance to obtain a MAC (Migrations Authorisation) Code, and then contact their new Broadband supplier to arrange for the service to be migrated.
Note: Please note that postcode and address check results are indicative only. Most accurate results can be obtained from a telephone number check.
Thank you for your interest.

Any ideas what all this means?Huh
x47c
Grafter

FTTC is not available to you as your cabinet has not been FTTC enabled.
Damian78
Grafter

Doh!
Thanks.
Checked a few other numbers around Fleetwood and there are quite a few not enabled.
Guess I'll have to wait  Cry
Damian78
Grafter

Arrrggghhhhh! Now got a sorry you are leaving email from PlusNet. I shall be making phone calls tomorrow.
flar3
Grafter

I live in Fleetwood, have fibre! Cabinet 14 on Beach Road.
Damian78
Grafter

Thanks.
We are cabinet 38 on the new Harbour Village estate. My folks on Broadway can get it as can a friend on Galloway and Derbyshire Avenues.
The upgrade schedule must be all over the shop!!
flar3
Grafter

Ah yeah, the new estate, that probably the reason why you haven't got it, a bit far out probably. Plus not many people living there yet maybe BT feel as if it isn't viable yet.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi Damian78,
We've picked your ticket response up, we just need to wait for confirmation from Talk Talk and then we'll cancel the request.
Damian78
Grafter

Thanks Chris. I'm waiting on Talk Talk to call me but will chase them again tonight. The switch over wasn't until 09/05 so hope that's plenty of time to cancel and leave my current contract untouched?
Will someone be getting back to me on my other questions in that ticket?
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Yes there's plenty of time for us to sort that.
I can answer the other question for you....  Your speeds would remain the same if you moved to unlimited, there's a glitch on the change account journey that we're aware of. So your speeds would remain around 6Mb/s.
You'd be able to take advantage of the new prices on unlimited under the contract terms and if you decided to opt for fibre when that becomes available that would be fine and you wouldn't incur any penalty charges for this.
Damian78
Grafter

Ok.
My speeds only a good 4 to 5 meg. But, I'll switch across once I've spoken to Talk Talk.
Thanks