Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When is Network Maintenance down south not, when BT is invovled

Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

When is Network Maintenance down south not, when BT is invovled

https://portal.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=2&support_action=maintenance&ispservice_id=adsldial
10th April
London Hornchurch
Yet the work affected me in Inverness, twice lost PPP so far
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
3 REPLIES 3
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Re: When is Network Maintenance down south not, when BT is invovled

All the Plusnet gateways are in London, and your traffic has to go through the BTWholesale network until it gets to the Plusnet gateways in London.
Or your drops of the PPP session could have been due to local work, or could have been due to some other reason. I see a huge burst of CRC errors in the early hours of the morning on most days, although my connection usually withstands this.
Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

First time it happened I was getting authentication failures for 30 mins, second time it was failed to find link for about 10 mins.  Neither time did my router lose sync only PPP.  Between the 2 drops I checked the status page and found the BT work scheduled and hoped the first loss of PPP was the last but it wasn't.
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

@ Gus - BTW don't announce smaller exchange works, but the Service Notice usually says "Although these are the areas we have been notified of, due to the nature of the broadband network these outages may affect customers nationwide. There are also a number of smaller exchange works most nights of the week that may cause smaller outages at individual exchanges."
I also lost connection a couple of times overnight (on the same exchange as you, obviously) and was a bit worried my disconnections had started happening again, however, a combination of the overnight maintenance and DLM adjusting itself following my recent SNR reset is more likely to be the cause here.